Senior Officers wives

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Outstanding, Feb 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do Senior Officers wives get over involved in their husbands work?
  2. The wife from #10 is no doubt involved.
  3. Stop it, you are killing me! My sides are splitting...
  4. Ok i'm laughing - but do they actually do any good?
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Worked with a 2* in Heidelberg a few years ago. He had the NI gong, she a MBE for all the charity work she had done over the years across countless garrisons. He was jealous!

Good girl too.
  6. Agree that the occasional one is good and gets it right, but then there are the ones who think they are actually in the Chain of Command.
  7. Let's not just look at Senior Officers wives, why not open it to all wives.

At there own level, I am sure they all have an affect on their husbands work/performance!

Not least there morale!
  8. I dont mind that what wazzes me off is when they start messing where they shouldn't be messing. We had a COs wife who insisted on being saluted - tried to have gate sentry charged for refusing!
  9. my wife gets involved in all things military, expects to be saluted even by me!! but then she is an officer.
  10. Which Police Force?
  11. You do not salute a wife (unless she is a serving officer) full stop, end of subject. You only salute commissioned officers. If she doesn't like it, give her the phone number of the Samaritans!
  12. Spot on legs - that what her husband had to tell her -- Hee Hee
  13. Legs wrote:

I always remember being told that it was good form to salute any lady of one's acquaintance when in uniform. It's because one can't raise one's hat!
  14. Years after leaving I met, through buisness, a lady whose late husband was a Brigadier. She was uber posh, and a little like Margaret Rutherford from the old B+w Miss Marple movies. She did a lot of charity work and was always very nice. It used to make me pee myself when my colleague, the ex- wife of a RGJ snco, used to call her Mrs. Brigadier B*****.
  15. As subbies we were always expected to (and happy to) salute senior officers' wives in our Regt in Germany. As it's just an extension of manners then I can't see what the fuss is about.