Senior Officers CVs

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Crazy_FOO, Feb 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You know the thing- in headquarter buildings everywhere- cheesy picture of the Man sitting at his desk with a one sider on his career so far.

Now the thing they all have in common is that the last paragraph is always on their hobbies and interests and it's always used to try and show a bit of humour or an esoteric streak or what have you. some are quite funny: "Brig XXX hunts, shoots or fishes anything that crawls, flies or swims". Some are a bit odd- there's one in 1 Div that describes the Brog's father's wartime heroics in some detail before starting on the Brig. One I once saw was a gleaming bit of social climbing: " XXX is married to A*****, daughter of Her Majesty's Ambassador to XXX" ooh-ooh-ooh aren't we posh!

Are there any others examples of wit or any that would be right in Private Eye's Pseuds Corner out there?
  2. Once saw one which listed one of Bde Comd 5 AB Bde's hobbies as "kite flying"! How we laughed!
  3. I saw one recently, LI officer, which listed the amazing number of things he had nearly done: eg supported ground force operations during Op TELIC 1 = commanding a company guarding US aircraft at RAF AKrotiri!
  4. What's new? CVs in all fields are like that. The oddest I've seen is "Brig.???? X enjoys house destruction" WTF is house destruction? It was printed in a booklet prior to a conference here and the speaker was Brigadier one thing or the other.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  5. Love the avatar DBmk2
  6. I saw a certain GOC's profile which described himself as "a confirmed Bachelor," I always thought that was code for a gay!
  7. Not these days, it isn't. It's code for "enjoys orgies and swings both ways".

8. Brig Bloggs is the new black.

Oh wait...that the Neophiliacs.
  9. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

These are all real:

10. One commander was described as a devotee of "Coronation Street". This proved quite handy for nicknames and the like - "Objective Sharples" etc
  11. Who's going to be the honest guy who puts down 'particularly interested in exotic variants of masturbation'.