Sending Parcels To Afghanistan

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by COOLHANDLUKE, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright Lads(and lasses)..

I've come across a few things on the internet and reading Ross Kemps book they say the Lads really enjoy getting parcels off the general public so I looked into this and they've now put a ban(well not quite but most get returned to sender) on sending parcels to Afghanistan unless it's to a named soldier. Now, I don't know any named soldiers out there at the moment so I was wondering if there is any way around this(like sending it to a specific company or platoon). Or do the army genuinly not want parcels anymore?

If it's possible I'd like to send it to the infantry or the boys who spend most of thier time in the FOBs. No disrespect to the other areas but from what I've seen, addmittedly on T.V, they need it more.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Cheers
  2. Of course the blokes want parcels! Just find out what units are out there and then make up a name and number and send it to any company except HQ Coy as they're mincing bastards who hardly leave camp!
  3. Cheers mate, how many numbers does a service number have? I'm pretty clueless with these things. Comes with being a civvie.
  4. Try contacting your local ACO, they will be able to give you contact details for the unit you are interested in sending stuff to. Another place to look is any units website, then choose the contact us option. Usually dealt with by a chief clerk who can give you someone to send a parcel to. I just did it :)