Send Brown Your Uniform

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Jul 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Something snapped in me today after reading about the MoD appealing against compensation payouts to wounded personnel.

I decided to send my No 1 uniform to Downing Street, with a short note:

This is a protest, driven by the constant betrayals of this government, including ignoring the pleas of Service chiefs for life-saving resources, sending personnel to battle with inadequate or unsafe equipment and vehicles, and this latest kick in the teeth for injured veterans.

Enough is enough. These betrayals will not be forgotten when voters go to the polls within the next year, and campaigns and protests will hopefully keep these betrayals in the public eye.

Serving personnel who may wish to make such a protest (bearing in mind QRs etc), I would advise sending a spare personal item of uniform, unless you wish to incur the wrath of the storemen and senior warrant officers of the three Services....probably best to remove identifying labels and badges and send an anonymous note as well, unless you particularly want to upset others in the chain of command as well. However, if you have PVRd and it is your last day and you have money to spare.... :twisted:

Ex-serving - you could send your own kit (although this may be a difficult decision if it is of sentimental value), or buy a spare (see below).

Other supporters - get on ebay or get down the Army surplus store, CS95 is probably available.

[​IMG]

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I have an old pair of issue long-johns,green,in the attic.
    I might just dig them out & skidmark them just for the One Eyed Tosser!

3. Is Brown's government taking in washing to make ends meet now?

Send the letter but sell the kit on walt-bay and give the money to H4H. Mention that in the letter.

4. Fantastic idea but I can see the tight arsed sod putting them straight on ebay!

P-T

5. Anonymous letter too? I hope your DNAs not on file somewehere!

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I'll have a Phall the night before,that'll sort the DNA out! :twisted: (or maybe put one of my moggies choccy logs to good use...)

7. He'll likely give them to his parliamentary colleague Mark Oaten. He keeps a boyfriends beshitted underpants in his briefcase. Allegedly :wink:

8. I *might* just have a pair of saggy-arrsed long-johns somewhere, along with the old Chinese fighting jacket and cap comforter thing, in a bin-liner somewhere.

If so, then I'll take them into town with a bottle of cider, find the grungiest wino junkie tramp around, offer the bottle of cider in return for wearing them, then swop another bottle of cider for the return of the long-johns a week later.

I'll package them up and send the stinking stained Hep B+ atrocity down to Downing Street. Brown will probably open the package and think "och aye, ah'll get anither week oot ae these if ah turn them inside oot!"

9. MrPVRd

I'm not sure what he will make of your grandfather's SD cap.

10. Not a bad idea actually. Would be good if we could get some journo to follow this. Obviously it may be worthwhile changing the heading to "Betrayed Troops and veterans return uniforms" - probably get more coverage.

11. Fashionably worn, exactly as a junior officer's SD cap should be! Took hours of wearing to get it in that state....can't say the same about the rest of the uniform though!

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Or PM Sluggy... :twisted:

13. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Why don't you send in a beret with Cap Badge - small, symbolic but makes a good phot for the right sort of journo hack.

I can see it now, 1000 odd berets in a pile in a rainbow of colours (Maroon, Blue, Khaki, Black, Slime Green, AGC Green, RAF Blue, etc) with cap badges left in a heap - rather like the state rendered by Gordon of the Armed Forces today!!

Whaddya think?

14. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Berets would be more effective. A pile of DPM clothing looks just like an army surplus shop...

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Did'nt some people return their Gongs a few years back in protest for something?