Sen. Edward M. Kennedy hospitalized with symptoms of stroke

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#42
To put things into perspective:



You'll soon be roasting in the fires of your own personal Hell Teddy, and there are plenty who'll ensure it doesn't run out of fuel.
 
#43
redgrain said:
This may be of interest to Americans.
I suspect only the Boston Irish and their Noraid supporting friends acros the pond will have any particular interest in the welfare of this old fossil.

Let's hope he suffers
 
#44
Even by the standards of politicians, Teddy is something special; a fat, cowardly, ugly, murdering, corrupt, IRA Walt. I hope he dies a slow, painful and humiliating death. :pukel:

Strong message follows. :evil:
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#46


 
#47
Good drills, Boy Syrup!
 
#48
pyrogenica said:
redgrain said:
This may be of interest to Americans.
I suspect only the Boston Irish and their Noraid supporting friends acros the pond will have any particular interest in the welfare of this old fossil.

Let's hope he suffers
I don't think so, pyro. Remember, he has been elected to the US Senate since the 1964 by the people of Massachusetts. And most Democrats support his agenda. I was surprised by the response to this here, apparently there are not many of them posting on AARSE.
 
#49
Well me thinks the Kennedy clan theme song should be.... Another one bites the dust... That would be fitting.

I think the only Americans that are going to care are the ones that are from Massacusetts, because I don't give 4/5 of a F uck about the man. Just because he has been in the Senate for a long, long time doesn't mean people love the man.
 
#50
redgrain said:
I don't think so, pyro. Remember, he has been elected to the US Senate since the 1964 by the people of Massachusetts. And most Democrats support his agenda. I was surprised by the response to this here, apparently there are not many of them posting on AARSE.
Just shows you how stupid the people of Mass are...

Your surprise is born out of ignorance to what Kennedy and his clan have been engaged in for years...supporting a terror group. Not hard to figure that a bunch of British squaddies wouldn't be the least bit saddend that a supporter of the IRA met with his death or feel ill...no really.
 
#51
LJONESY said:
Well me thinks the Kennedy clan theme song should be.... Another one bites the dust... That would be fitting.

I think the only Americans that are going to care are the ones that are from Massacusetts, because I don't give 4/5 of a F uck about the man. Just because he has been in the Senate for a long, long time doesn't mean people love the man.
Well, Kennedy, in every election since 1964, has won by at least 60% - so I would say at least the people of Massachusetts think he 'works for them'. And, as I said, the US Democrats like him - are there no Dems here?
 
#53
LJONESY said:
Redgrain me thinks your a bit obsessed with the Democratic party why is that mate?
Simple. I have always enjoyed politics is the reason - from any part of the world. But as US is so powerful a nation, their politics are particularly interesting.
 
#54
I can understand that red, but you would have to pretty much just live in the States for a good long time, to figure out all the differences. It all varies region by region, it just seems like most Brits are in love with the Democratic party and I can not fathom why they are.
 
#55
LJONESY said:
...it just seems like most Brits are in love with the Democratic party and I can not fathom why they are.
That's an interesting observation - is that from personal observations of acquaintances, our media or some other source? Speaking for myself, I've never felt drawn to the asses that follow the donkey!
 
#56
LJONESY said:
I can understand that red, but you would have to pretty much just live in the States for a good long time, to figure out all the differences. It all varies region by region, it just seems like most Brits are in love with the Democratic party and I can not fathom why they are.
I am sure I don't understand all of the nuances involved in your politics, but I thought, and maybe wrong, that the Democrats are the more left leaning of your two major parties.
 
#57
Dozy going through your media when I read the BBC, the Guardian and alot of other papers etc etc the Dems get alot of the press coverage on your side of the pond. When you tell Brits that did not vote for Kerry, and they give me this look like I am a daft mother fecker is another clue. Or just chatting it up in the NAFFI the reactions one gets when you tell them you did not vote for the Democratic party.

Yes the Dems are the liberal party, however they are to liberal for alot of folks, including myself. If the Dems get into office, they are going to do alot of things that I would not like, and they would be even worse than Bush IMO.
 
#58
LJONESY said:
Yes the Dems are the liberal party, however they are to liberal for alot of folks, including myself. If the Dems get into office, they are going to do alot of things that I would not like, and they would be even worse than Bush IMO.
Why is that, mate? I have spoken to septic Republicans and their biggest fear is that their taxes will be raised to pay for the social net programs your Democrats would like to put in place. However, when I ask who will pay the huge cost of the Iraq war (it won't be the wealthy), they have no answer.

Personally, were it me, I would rather have my tax money go to help people than that war.
 
#59
LJONESY said:
Dozy going through your media when I read the BBC, the Guardian...
Ah, that explains it! :D The BBC and Grauniad have thoroughly embraced the kind of 'values' espoused by the US Democratic Party, so that is why their reporting would be that way biased. The Times too tends to have that slant. The Telegraph and Independent generally report in a more traditionally (British) Conservative manner and therefore more in line with the Republican Party.
 
#60
First of red septic is a bit offensive, it may be slang to you guys but its a term that is annoying at best. Yes thats a big part of it, I do not want my taxes to increase to pay for social projects on top of Iraq. Those projects are not going to help my family out one bit. So why vote for people that are just going to tax me more, and then watch my family suffer as a result?? You may want to help people which is fine and dandy, but I do not care to help everybody at the expense of my own.

The Democrats are also more than willing to screw with the 2nd Amendement, and would love to restrict or ban ownership of firearms, which is not something that I would tolerate. I don't want my country to become the UK, in that regard. An armed society is a polite society.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top