Semolina Best before date

Does anyone know if semolina goes off? Found a sealed bag dated Nov 2012 in a cupboard. Normally I ignore best before dates and go by smell but semolina doesn't smell of anything and dry it tastes like dust anyway.
Planned to make semolina pud, with a dollop of strawberry jam and some double cream, food of the gods.

Semolina and other dried pasta will last for years (and years). Who'd want to eat frog spawn, though?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The best way to check semolina is to open the packet andvwhile holding it over the kitchen bin, turn upside down and see if there are any instructions on the bottom of the packet.

Make sure you shake the packet well to ensure you can see all parts of the bottom of said packet in case you miss any instructions.

Now I take no responsibility for the outcome but a mate uses a key on the end of a length of cotton to determine if stuff is off. You suspend the key over the item and if it rocks clockwise its OK anti and it isn't.
As I say, on your own loo roll be it, but it seems to work....

Now I take no responsibility for the outcome but a mate uses a key on the end of a length of cotton to determine if stuff is off. You suspend the key over the item and if it rocks clockwise its OK anti and it isn't...
I used the same technique to select my lotto numbers when it first kicked-off...

FFS eat it, what can go wrong?

Semolina and other dried pasta will last for years (and years). Who'd want to eat frog spawn, though?

You're thinking of the other stuff.

Incidentally how do you start a pudding race?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
How does one know if semolina is in date or out of date? If it's been produced then it's out of date - or at least tastes like it.

Rank. awful stuff. Reminds me of boarding school dinners. The horror....

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads