Semi shottie with a soft recoil

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by sunnoficarus, Sep 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any recommendations? Second hand Sec 2 is fine, my local plod can be a bit arsy about Sec 1's.

2. They all have a soft recoil if they fit you, most 12 bore shotguns only knock out around 1500-2000 joules, although slugs can be double that. If you are unsure of what is meant by gun fit, then get some expertise alongside you before hitting a gunshop full of obsequious salesmen. It also helps if you don't buy the lightest gun available.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Benellis, some of them, come with some sort of patent dampening mechanism built into the stock.

4. Come to that, Beretta does one as well.

5. Buy a .410 .

6. semi will (unless I'm mistaken, in which case it will be swiftly pointed out) by design be 'soft' because the recocking absorbs a lot of the energy (and they tend to be heavier as well, so soak it up).

I have a Browning, which does the job very well. Can't remember which model, but £700 new.

7. [​IMG]

8. Be a Man not a Mincing Jarrod about recoil?

• Like Like x 3
  9. It depends on what's going out the front to be honest, 28g which is about the lightest load that will function in a semi is very soft, if you chuck 46g out it will be harder.

10. Depends on what's going on inside. The gas guns tend to be milder, the original benellis somewhat livelier. Never shot a proper recoil actuated one, but I imagine they're livelier again.

11. 50g 3.5" fucks my finger up on the trigger guard everytime.

12. WTF are you shooting at? There can't be much left to eat..........

• Like Like x 1
  13. Funnily enough. It was rabbid spaniels worrying the livestock.

Fox load mate and I aint eating them things.

14. I must admit about the only people I knew who had problems with recoil were the twits who tried to hold the butt away from the shoulder, result, WHAM, a nice bruise, so yes agreed, "be a man and pull the butt FIRMLY into the shoulder"!!!!

15. Or if your Sgt is a funny **** and takes a young thruster for a few rounds of skeet using heavy load.

After 5 boxes of carts, the bruising was impressive to say the least.