Semi-auto rifles--the new WMD? Apparently so to Rev. Jesse Jackson

[video=youtube;MebVcODcXTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MebVcODcXTg[/video]

At 1:45 in the interview.

Next it will be nuclear capable AR15s.

Sorry JJH, the sound quality is atrocious and the linked clip only runs to 1:26.

edit:

OK, it runs full length now.

I've never tried blowing up a railroad with a modern sporting rifle, dashed clever trick, even with an SLR.

I think the key phrase he used was 'we need a federal program for jobs' ie lots of free money for community leaders like himself to distribute to the grateful masses. Pork-barrel politics as usual.

Couple of points:

Alib, posting a piccie of an SLR with an effing barcode attached is just so..........wrong.

JJJ, what was the Op Name when Obama agreed to provide weapons to Mexican Banditos which promptly ended up being used by hoods in the States?

Edited to add: Found, it was 'Fast and Furious'

Couple of points:

Alib, posting a piccie of an SLR with an effing barcode attached is just so..........wrong.

JJJ, what was the Op Name when Obama agreed to provide weapons to Mexican Banditos which promptly ended up being used by hoods in the States?

Edited to add: Found, it was 'Fast and Furious'
Fast and Furious was a "false flag" op by Obama's feds to bolster their anti-gun agenda (that Mexicans were coming to the US for easy guns) that ended up in the deaths of scores of Mexicans and at least one US border agent.

Fast and Furious was a "false flag" op by Obama's feds to bolster their anti-gun agenda (that Mexicans were coming to the US for easy guns) that ended up in the deaths of scores of Mexicans and at least one US border agent.
Actually the fast and furious affair does look fairly despicable. There was already rather a lot of evidence that guns were heading South along the the coyote trails just as they do on all drug distribution roots, there was no need for such low shenanigans. Though it also pales beside the long and strategically pretty heedless US role in that drug war and the ones further South.

False Flag ops do happen occasionally but they rarely go undetected for long, there was a rash of them in the 70s in Italy for instance. There have been some folk describing this rash of massacres as "false flag" operations designed to wrest Modern Sporting Rifles from the hands of patriots who need such innocent items of hardware to overthrow the government. I know at least two of these particularly deluded variety of "Truther", not so long ago they were mainstream folk on the GOP right harmlessly bugging out at what Bill Clinton did with his toilet parts.

The internet is a great incubator of craziness. I can't think of a better way to make their fellow Americans as paranoid as Rev. Jackson about them being armed even with a pointy stick.

Actually the fast and furious affair does look fairly despicable. There was already rather a lot of evidence that guns were heading South along the the coyote trails just as they do on all drug distribution roots, there was no need for such low shenanigans. Though it also pales beside the long and strategically pretty heedless US role in that drug war and the ones further South.

False Flag ops do happen occasionally but they rarely go undetected for long, there was a rash of them in the 70s in Italy for instance. There have been some folk describing this rash of massacres as "false flag" operations designed to wrest Modern Sporting Rifles from the hands of patriots who need such innocent items of hardware to overthrow the government. I know at least two of these particularly deluded variety of "Truther", not so long ago they were mainstream folk on the GOP right harmlessly bugging out at what Bill Clinton did with his toilet parts.

The internet is a great incubator of craziness. I can't think of a better way to make their fellow Americans as paranoid as Rev. Jackson about them being armed even with a pointy stick.
I agree on all points. Mark it down. :)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
JJH, does anyone Stateside take the Rev Jessie Jackson seriously these days ?

I'm not being facetious but he's made a cock of himself many times now and doesn't seem able to put forth calm, coherent arguments.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I wouldn't worry if its wmd they are after its unlikely they'll find any. is hans blix still alive? if so send him to dergadergastan

JJH, does anyone Stateside take the Rev Jessie Jackson seriously these days ?

I'm not being facetious but he's made a cock of himself many times now and doesn't seem able to put forth calm, coherent arguments.
Large corporations fear his extortionist way of making millions by threatening boycotts and racism allegations if they do not put token blacks in front window positions AND pay him substantially for his "help."

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Large corporations fear his extortionist way of making millions by threatening boycotts and racism allegations if they do not put token blacks in front window positions AND pay him substantially for his "help."
Ah, our very own "Affirmative Action."
Strange how that only ever helps those at the top.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I know I'm pro gun control but its the hysterical thing the govt wants so they can ban it all to satisfy the liberals, in the same way the dept of homeland security has little to do with terrorism. they want control of a fearfull public like over here.

if you have nothing to hide then I see no reason why a properly registered gun owner cant shoot what he wants to. the nra needs to pre empt it and take the lead before all these mass killings all over the news lose it for them. give up the second amendment voluntarily in return for a decent legalisation and amnesty. the NRA could be in a powerfull position if it plays it right to become the system rather than fighting it.

obama doesn't have to worry about re-election any more, especially in states that don't like him anyway. and its easier to take away folks guns than find them decent jobs. it will play as safeguarding your childrens future.

it wont stop the killings - certainly didn't over here anyway but it gives them someone else to blame for a few years.

over here its all about knives now since they lost control of illegal guns - but its better to educate than legislate. I used to get told off for teaching scouts how to disarm a knife or gun attack because it was militaristic, I think they were afraid of admitting that that's what the world is like now. the kids loved it.

I know I'm pro gun control but its the hysterical thing the govt wants so they can ban it all to satisfy the liberals, in the same way the dept of homeland security has little to do with terrorism. they want control of a fearfull public like over here.

if you have nothing to hide then I see no reason why a properly registered gun owner cant shoot what he wants to. the nra needs to pre empt it and take the lead before all these mass killings all over the news lose it for them. give up the second amendment voluntarily in return for a decent legalisation and amnesty. the NRA could be in a powerfull position if it plays it right to become the system rather than fighting it.

obama doesn't have to worry about re-election any more, especially in states that don't like him anyway. and its easier to take away folks guns than find them decent jobs. it will play as safeguarding your childrens future.

it wont stop the killings - certainly didn't over here anyway but it gives them someone else to blame for a few years.

over here its all about knives now since they lost control of illegal guns - but its better to educate than legislate. I used to get told off for teaching scouts how to disarm a knife or gun attack because it was militaristic, I think they were afraid of admitting that that's what the world is like now. the kids loved it.
Good post. The problem is that our Masters keep creating "new normals" for the sheeple that inexorably moves us all further under federal government domination. What may sound "reasonable" in terms of " universal" background checks and other superficially sensible measures are merely to further lull the sheeple into trading yet more of their freedoms for false promises of greater " security."

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
you end up with govt there purely to justify its existance when all we want it to do is work in the background and leave us alone. politicians like to think they can go all jfk and leave a legacy even though it usually ends up a pile of shit, whoever decided to bump him off would have done better to let him bury himself in his drug riddled scandals.

if you want a bad example of power grabbing then look at how the eu has changed from something to commonalise coal and steel production to a federal govt wannabe.