Semi-auto rifles--the new WMD? Apparently so to Rev. Jesse Jackson

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Feb 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At 1:45 in the interview.

Next it will be nuclear capable AR15s.
  2. Sorry JJH, the sound quality is atrocious and the linked clip only runs to 1:26.

OK, it runs full length now.
  3. He'd be really worried by an SLR then.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That Jessie Jackson chap looks like a puppet out of the gremlins or something.
  5. Is he insane? 5.56mm shooting down aircraft and blowing up railways.

He's even advocating making illegal weapons illegal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've never tried blowing up a railroad with a modern sporting rifle, dashed clever trick, even with an SLR.
  7. I think the key phrase he used was 'we need a federal program for jobs' ie lots of free money for community leaders like himself to distribute to the grateful masses. Pork-barrel politics as usual.
  8. Couple of points:

Alib, posting a piccie of an SLR with an effing barcode attached is just so..........wrong.

JJJ, what was the Op Name when Obama agreed to provide weapons to Mexican Banditos which promptly ended up being used by hoods in the States?

Edited to add: Found, it was 'Fast and Furious'
  9. Fast and Furious was a "false flag" op by Obama's feds to bolster their anti-gun agenda (that Mexicans were coming to the US for easy guns) that ended up in the deaths of scores of Mexicans and at least one US border agent.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Actually the fast and furious affair does look fairly despicable. There was already rather a lot of evidence that guns were heading South along the the coyote trails just as they do on all drug distribution roots, there was no need for such low shenanigans. Though it also pales beside the long and strategically pretty heedless US role in that drug war and the ones further South.

False Flag ops do happen occasionally but they rarely go undetected for long, there was a rash of them in the 70s in Italy for instance. There have been some folk describing this rash of massacres as "false flag" operations designed to wrest Modern Sporting Rifles from the hands of patriots who need such innocent items of hardware to overthrow the government. I know at least two of these particularly deluded variety of "Truther", not so long ago they were mainstream folk on the GOP right harmlessly bugging out at what Bill Clinton did with his toilet parts.

The internet is a great incubator of craziness. I can't think of a better way to make their fellow Americans as paranoid as Rev. Jackson about them being armed even with a pointy stick.
  11. I agree on all points. Mark it down. :)
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

JJH, does anyone Stateside take the Rev Jessie Jackson seriously these days ?

I'm not being facetious but he's made a cock of himself many times now and doesn't seem able to put forth calm, coherent arguments.
  13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I wouldn't worry if its wmd they are after its unlikely they'll find any. is hans blix still alive? if so send him to dergadergastan
    • Like Like x 1