Semantics question

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
'Yeah, to be fair - I was somewhat skullfúcked at the time .....'

I caught myself about to use this phrase and stopped dead in my tracks. Would they understand?

Question : - is this an Americanism?
Where did you first hear it - and in what context ?

For me it does NOT correspond with pissed/stoned/wasted/drunk or otherwise rendered temporarily incapable of rational thought by one or other stimulant.

It's that state of mental fog when you can't seem to grasp the steps needed to get from A to C via ....damn, place begins with a.....was on the tip of my....wossname....ah b0ll0cks to it....

Just a thought en passant, coat fetched....ah is that my Uber ? Well, how kind....

D

Deleted 4482

I caught myself about to use this phrase and stopped dead in my tracks. Would they understand?

For me it does NOT correspond with pissed/stoned/wasted/drunk or otherwise rendered temporarily incapable of rational thought by one or other stimulant.

It's that state of mental fog when you can't seem to grasp the steps needed to get from A to C via ....damn, place begins with a.....was on the tip of my....wossname....ah b0ll0cks to it....

Just a thought en passant, coat fetched....ah is that my Uber ? Well, how kind....
Perefectly acceptable. Normally though used in the active: "Do that again and I'll skull feck you!"

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

You’re drunk and your hovel smells of piss and boiled cabbage.

D

Deleted 4482

I think you're drunk too and your house reeks of pipe tobacco, drying dna and old carpets with dubious stainage.
I'm led to believe there's a smell of twiglets too. Possibly hoarding a ginger?

:)

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I think you're drunk too and your house reeks of pipe tobacco, drying dna and old carpets with dubious stainage.
I'm led to believe there's a smell of twiglets too. Possibly hoarding a ginger?

:)
It had skin cancer and still makes the bed stink of vinegar.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

**** off.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The first may have been correct - but nah I loathe cabbage....null pointes.

Urban dictionary is your friend. Leaving aside the dreary obvious, it normally means confused to the point of pyschological pain or very, very high on something hallucinogenic.

In your case, it was just the old age (Alzheimers?) kicking in.

You still owe me that £10 by the way. Size 10 please.

Latest Threads