Sellyoak Auction

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Kindly offered by Niner Domestic......

Proceeds to the Laptops for Sellyoak appeal.

I'll open Bidding at Fifty English pounds!

Doh, Niner, can you post pictures for me please?
  2. £250.00

so thats the reserve sorted
  3. Aye. Surely to save time we should just start at the reserve?

I'd be the envy of my fellow stabs to tip up on exercise with a God's Corps quilt. They may laugh but they'd be jealous on the inside.

4. A wee bump...
  5. bump as I'm to skint to beat ST2B's bid
  6. Bunch of dog molesters!

7. Indeed.

8. I think to be clear, the two pictures of quilts are examples only (unless the winner wants one made for either the Cdn Loggies or the Booties).

The design of the winning bidder's quilt will be taken from their choice of capbadge, ship's crest, Regt crest or Service Branch emblem/crest. It will be a queen size quilt - so lots of room for twosies, threesies or a beached whale.

It will be a one of a kind quilt - something to pass on to your young'uns along with your nicked beer stein from Charlie's Bar in Gib or the thongs off the young and lovely from the Sin Bin.

I can, if the winner wants - incorporate material/fabric from a special clothing item (yes, even those thongs you nicked as long as they are boiled first) such as a smock, fav shirt, wife's wedding dress, piece of tartan for those jocks etc to make it even more personal and special.

That should certainly be worth a few more pounds for the lads and lassies at Sellyoak... right chaps?
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm not in a position to beat the reserve right now, but come on guys there must be someone out there who can......
  10. c'mon gents.....
  11. Interest peaked, my bold, however lack of folding due to impending festive break means only a bump I'm afraid :p
  12. Thanks for the bids gents as well as the bumps.

Why not share the bid with your unit/Mess? Imagine this as a wall hanging in the Mess knowing that the proceeds raised from it went to help the wounded, the oppos in need and maybe even one of your own (heaven forbid) oneday. Think of the stories you'll be able to tell over how it came to be there. You won't need a helmet on the table, sandbags or lamplight for this story. Think of how good it will look in a couple of hundred years, in the Regiment's museum - complete with the background story.

So, get yourselves busy and do a whip round for a bid price... 280 right now...can we see 300 - maybe even 350? (and even if your Mess doesn't win the bid, donate the monies anyway - the lads and lassies need it).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.