Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

A tentative dip of the toe into this forum.

Recently had to attend an out patients appointment to Selly Oak.

In the past I had been used to medical services in Germany and even Catterick. Not prepared for what I encountered at Selly Oak.

Turned up 15 minutes before the appointment only to find that 2 hour delays were in effect. Then had to sit in the waiting room (which was actually the corridor) with a whole host of stinking civvies. Seriously horrible experience. Many of them with at least two family members/interpreter taking up the seats. Ended up standing the entire time so some OAPs could sit down. No advice from staff as to expected time to see the Doc, and worst of all getting a hard time from my Unit for being delayed so.

I used to be under the impression that Military medical services were rather quite good. Seriously dis-illusioned now.

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

RCDM has a military complaints officer - give them a ring and they'll send you the details on how the procedure works.

Alternatively, look up a few of Bliar/Swiss Des/CGS/SG's recent 'world class treatment' sound bites, and think how lucky you were to be able to spend so long at such a wonderful hospital, celebrating the diversity of the local population...
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It could have been worse- you could have been a CIVVY.
  4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

True, but I'd probably have had preferential treatment then.

Anyway, I only joined up for the free dental treatment.
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I dream of free dental treatment!
  6. having your own teeth would help. :D
  7. And it is still available just pop down to your local Dental Centre

Oh and take the family - at least the DDS can treat these as well instead of allowing its CDP's to go and play golf :-(
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I'll pop into my local Dental centre and try it.
  9. You'll never take me alive...........COPPER!!