Selly Oak Charity Event - Pse Support

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Bad CO, Feb 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We've been contacted by West Midlands Police who are planning to raise money for the Royal College of Defence Medicine (Selly Oak) by pulling a plane across the Elmdon terminal of Birmingham International Airport on 15 Mar 2008. Clearly this is an excellent charity and the event looks as though it is going to be extremely high profile.

I'd like to encourage all ARRSErs to read the letter below and consider if they are able to support the event. In particular they are looking for donations (see website) and/or companies to provide sponsorship. If you are aware of any of the latter then please drop Inspector Rob Williams a line through the contact details on his web page.

2. What a super gesture and touching sentiment; I wish them the very best with this and will certainly pass the word around.

3. Petriburg's been on the case with this - it would be great if there was a good show of support.

4. BCO, you need to get on to them.

Applaude them again for their excellent efforts and then kick their arrses for their crap website!

No contact details for them or for adding additional corporate sponsorship (as I'm sure they know, official corporate sponsorship has tax implications for everyone that benefits the giver and reciever)

Times for the event would be nice as well so that we can go along and give some support.

I would have sent this to them direct BUT, their isn't a contact email address on the site!!

I will be 100% behind them and may even consider turning up with a large bucket and a hammer in order to extract additional sponsorship on route. Well, I would if I knew what time it was starting :)

Now that I've finished slating them for something that they have absolutely no moral obligation to do and is an excellent reminder of the bond between our service and other public security services, I'll go away and wait for the email address to turn up ;)

5. C'mon folks! Send a PM to Petriburg for more details and how to get involved!

[align=center]15th March 2008[/align]

Put the date in your diaries!

6. Bad CO

I've had some more details for Rob .... (my fault for not posting the email address!)

I've asked Rob why Solihull have said no .....

7. Thanks for your support, its good to see the work the Armed Forces are doing are appreciated by some, Mr Brown and your fellow Liar, cheats, and back stabbers take note.

8. Nudge...

9. Bad CO

And another .....

10. [align=center]Birmingham International Airport
    Elmdon Terminal
    15th March 2008
    0900 for the
    erm pull off![/align]
    [align=center] 8O :D [/align]

11. All that way to be pulled off? Cheaper in a sleezy pub in Aldershot!

BUMP

12. [align=center]Birmingham International Airport
    Elmdon Terminal
    15th March 2008
    [/align]

13. Bad CO

The latest news on this is that they are over the £10,000 mark which is clearly great.

Can I suggest people may like to visit the website to find out more! Only a couple of days to go ......

14. Bad CO

Well it would appear that this went extremely well - full details here.

I'm sure everyone will join me to say a big thank you to Rod and his team for all their efforts.

15. Not a fan of the rozzers as many will know.

But, well done to the West Mids (and any others involved) police, in this event, have sent my pledge, although probably minor, hope it helps.

Once again, hearty congratulations to all involved :thumleft: