Selling Telic Medals (Named ones at that!)

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by GrumpyOG, Mar 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FFS! £451! Imagine if he had been from a decent regiment or corps he could be a millionaire :D

2. Oii ya airborne git :roll:

Don't recognise the name but a phone call tomorrow will unearth him

Why, oh why, does he have a rosette on the main medal ribbon :roll:

3. cos he's a knob, then again, at the Rememberance Church Parade at Aldershot Garrison there was a of Gren Guard (are they the mob in the shot) who had the rosette on his medal ribbon instead of just on his ribbon bar.
    One of the many WO1s had a word and he looked rather embarrassed afterwards.
    Guardsman, would have thought he (or his tailor) would have known better.

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Served with the bloke when he was a Cpl. I emailed the seller and asked how he got hold of the gong and he replied the Sgt in question was issued two in error- BOLLOX!

I can just see the RHQ calling him up twice to collect the thing! Or the Brigadier pinning two on his chest!

The medal office can't even issue one to me! Cant wait to get it on eBay! (With a £300 reserve!)

5. How much would my collection fetch then :wink:

6. 50 pence!!

7. Its gotta be worth more than that....surely :oops:

8. Okay 60 pence, my final offer!!

9. Ill give you a quid

10. typical money grabbing scab lifter me thinks........ perhaps he should be asked to give the cash to the ABF. Afterall if it has been issued in error as he states then surely with all the bad press around with regards to loads of people still waiting for theirs this would be a good thing.
    What does his RSM & CO think????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :( :( :(

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Lose the Spam PX Medal, and you'd get the best part of £1500.

12. SPAM medal has now gone :oops:

that will never happen again

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Good man, you have enough without sullying your breasts with a spam gong! :wink:

14. I am such a naughty boy and must be punished.

Venty, get GAdo or Pangur-Ban to punish me.............please :wink: