Selling my Medals

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fallschirmjager, Dec 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, poor fucking me. I've fallen on hard times. I can't afford to go on the piss every night any more. I've resorted to smoking rollies and have to sell my other car. I'm going to sell my medals unless you lot stump up at least three grand for me. Every other fucker is getting help because he's selling his medals so why not me?

Please tell me what you're willing to donate and I'll tell you whether you can shove it up your arse or not. I will only accept donations over a tenner. I will donate 1p out of every pound to HRH.

Thanks.

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

1 shiny pee for your Queens Jubilee Medal

3. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

Are the ribbons included ?

4. A tenner to Help for Heroes for you to change that bloody avatar (shudder) :wink:

5. Looks like you owe a tenner mucker! :D

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Have you thought about flogging your story to Endomol as a reality TV thing? People could phone in to vote (Costs £1 per minute, network charges may vary. Terms and conditions apply).

Just how low have you sunk? Have you, for example, ever shit your keks? Had a wank in a public park? Done a sheep up the wrong 'un?

7. Seriously........

I contacted a medal dealer last week for an estimate on how much mine were worth (for insurance purposes).

Eight medals, Iraq, Afghanistan, GSM NI, Kosovo, Macedonia, FRY, LS & GC and Queens Jubilee.

They offered £700.00 the tight fcukers!!

There was an Iraq & Afghan medal going on e-bay last week for £1200.

8. Medals to front line units go for more money as the history behind them is usually a little more exciting so to speak. Medals to SF, Paras and Marines usually sell for much higher, hence why mine are worth shit loads! :D

9. I wanted the Herman in the ridiculous baggy trousers in the door of the Ju52...... ah well :roll:

Donation on its way!

10. Fuck me. Some people are hard to please! :)

11. That's better. Fally wouldn't be Fally, without the, er... Fally! :wink:

12. If I bought them would I be able to wear them on Remembrance Day without fear of a bit of a ribbing?

With my own already earned one.(Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive-Operational Service Medal -Bus Driver,Toxteth, 1980).

13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Two pounds ten shillings and six pence, and a partly used mars bar?

14. I'll buy your national defense medal. The others are ten a fecking penny.

15. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Good, deserved, your a cnut

As above, because your a cnut

Your medals are worthless on the grounds that you are a workshy backslider and your unit hoofed you out to a sleepy hollow rather than you redeploy with them

If you end up going hungry, please let me know where you are so we can heckle and mock you

You'll get fcuk all for a jubilee medal and a Cyprus token, the rest you proffed from robbing blokes twos :D