Selling military kit on ebay.

If it is your private property, not Crown property (and if it's not only your 1157 and you haven't signed a 3310 for it, then who can prove it isn't yours?) then you can sell it on eBay as long sale isn't covered by other legislation. Note that some eqpt is covered by the OSA, irrespective of where you may have acquired it from and, of course, the sale of weapons, weapon parts or ancillaries is illegal.

IF

Beware, if you cannot prove that it is legitimate surplus and legally disposed of by the MOD then under the Army Act they can do you for "improper possession."

T

taric

I actually think it's a good thing because you could pick up things that you colourman says costs a lot to replace like i dunno a PRR case and you can pick them up cheap as chips and avoid the UBER billing you usually recieve hahaha!!!!!!!!

Up_and_hold said:
A good way to throw away thousands of pounds not to mention your career and reputation. The RMP are actively monitoring ebay.
Thank god for that I will sleep soundly tonight :D

Up_and_hold said:
A good way to throw away thousands of pounds not to mention your career and reputation. The RMP are actively monitoring ebay.
Well if they monitor the same way they actively carry out effective police work then I'm sure any would-be naughty e-bayers will be extremely worried.

Up_and_hold said:
Pwerhaps they should pop along to Silvermans and find where they get all their good kit from when the stores don't have it in! :wink:

B

Biscuits_AB

Alf_Garnet_Commando said:
What can you get done for for selling military kit on ebay? Anything?

If it's not on your 1157 i mean.
I'm sure that you can answer that question yourself after all on other threads you appear to be a subject matter expert on disciplinary matters, you sneaky c*nt.

Biscuits_AB said:
What can you get done for for selling military kit on ebay? Anything?

If it's not on your 1157 i mean.
I'm sure that you can answer that question yourself after all on other threads you appear to be a subject matter expert on disciplinary matters, you sneaky c*nt.
oo get her
Sorry but i have to agree, if you look at some of his posts, he is a proper SNEAKY CNUT....agc does anyone like you ???

If you have military kit and it is not on your AF H1157, the first question I would ask is where did you get it from? If it hasn't been officially issued to you, then it must have been stolen - where did you steal it from?

GrumpyGit said:
If you have military kit and it is not on your AF H1157, the first question I would ask is where did you get it from? If it hasn't been officially issued to you, then it must have been stolen - where did you steal it from?
Why; do military surplus stores not exist? CAn we not buy items from there?

How about if you lose an item, get billed for it and then find it again?

B

Biscuits_AB

GrumpyGit said:
Who caught AGC trying to post it might be another question? Would it be the same person whose 'inappropriate conduct' AGC wishes to complain about on another thread might be another?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ebay is a great way to make money once you're out, got very good price for my Mess Dress and my Service Dress, but then again I'd had to pay a fortune to have them made in the first place.

Would never have thought there could be someone else my body shape out there!

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
For Buying Items on Ebay:

Ask that the Seller sends along with the product(s) bought:

- A signed receipt, stating in detail and clarity exactly what you've bought
- A signed declaration of authenticity of goods. This should be written to the purpose of:
" I 'xxx' hereby declare that these(this) item(s) have(has) been purchased from myself through the medium of E-bay Online Auctions, and I hereby certify that to the best of my knowledge, the item(s) I have(has) purveyed are(is) genuine, legally obtained material(s) of a surplus nature, and the Buyer has taken on this purchase in good faith. I accept no responsibility for any further highlighted problems pertaining to this sale. "

Keep and store both, in a folder somewhere. Should you ever be questioned, you can provide these, and defend any claims of theft of mis-doings. Ideally, take a picture of the kit as soon as you get it, and attach a copy to the receipt and declaration.

Extensive? Yes. OTT? Not when you have people buying and selling kit worth hundreds of pounds. All it takes is one person to lose something, you to be found with two, and we know what happens then.
Don't forget, mark all kit with non-removable marker pen!

I live by this method, no Seller has ever refused to comply, because that declaration doesn't place any responsibility on them. I've bought several hundreds pounds worth of kit, damned if I'm going to have Q take it off me claiming it's his. :)

[ On a side note, we all know how as soon as anyone loses something, it's been 'stolen'. Not 'I'm crap and have lost it.' It's been 'stolen'. So then you'll end up with searches, RMP's and who knows what else, if the bit of kit in question is serious enough to merit, or if someone is bored and wants to make a fuss out of it. As soon as any kit duplicate to what has been 'stolen' is found, whomever is in posession, will need to defend their ownership of it. Words alone wont do much good, as I've witnessed on a past occassion. You need proof.
Having said that, people should take better care of their kit, and stop blaming their incompetence on the bogeyman thief. ]

GrumpyGit said:
Why; do military surplus stores not exist? CAn we not buy items from there?

How about if you lose an item, get billed for it and then find it again?
you can even buy surplus kit from ebay, or so I'm told.....