Selling house - can I claim for selling fees?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by kebab_addict, Jun 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I am posted to an area where house prices are beyond my financial means so it appears I will have to apply for married qtrs. I currently own my own house at my present station and as I cannot be bothered with the hassle of renting it out I will be selling it. - I have heard through the grapevine that I might be able to claim selling fees - is this true? and has anyone actually done this?
  2. Why should the British tax payer pay your house selling fees?

    So,you're moving to another area because of your job,and you wish to sell your house,a bit like millions of other people in the UK,should we bring in legislation to reimburse them as well,or do you think you're a special case?
  3. Get a letting agent, they'll look after it and someone else will pay your mortgage. It's win win.
  4. Take the advice of the CQMS but only if the incoming rent covers your mortgage. Take advice from a recommended local estate agent. Should have an RICS or NAEA badge on the door/window/stationery. Alternative is google these and find local member.

    Good luck
  5. Crikey, you're a right little happy chappy aren't you?

    Kebab, you need to have a look at Section 5, Chapter 7 to JSP 752. It's on the Intranet.

  6. Slightly harsh I feel. we go where we are told, not where we can afford to go - but i get the gist of your argument.

  7. Your a co*k!!! If a Serviceman is posted and therefore unable to live in his own house then the Army should refund his selling fees. Are you saying Married Soldier's should no longer get DA because 'they are moving to another area' as it's just a job.

    The Army is not just a job, it's a way of life. Just out of interest, have you ever served?? Prob not by your comments. Someone else who is squared away with the pay side may be able to offer more guidance.
  8. Thanks for the info. the trouble is house prices in the area we are going are prohibitive and this negates buying a RWA at the new duty station. I guess this means that there is no financial help for us if we choose to sell?
  9. If I remember rightly, you can defer re-purchasing a house if it is too expensive at your next posting ,and get a 'certificate of re-entry'.

    This is all done from memory from my RAO Fin course in 1998, so may not be current since the advent of JPA, but claiming RLE used to stop you claiming other allowances at your next posting, RILOR as it was then, springs to mind (HDT Private now).

    No doubt it is all wrong information though that I have just said 8O