• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Selling a Falkands medal

On a practical note, his South Atlantic Medal is probably worth between £400-600, depending on his ship, rate, etc. If he has an LSGC or something else to go with it, then you can add a bit more.

However, if sold at auction, he will lose some of that as a Seller's Premium. As a private sale, he will be unlikely to get the amounts I've quoted. Sadly, which ever way you squeeze it, it won't be enough for a new boiler.

My advice-for what it's worth-is not to sell but swallow his pride a bit and ask for some help.

The benefits overed are quite expansive, my sister has been signed up for a free A rated boiler as she is on working tax credits - I believe it goes on the individual and not a couple as her husband earns a decent wedge. Certainly worth looking into it mate.

Latest Threads