Selling 2 houses with paying tenants

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by PapaGolf, Nov 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If any one is in the market for a couple of house oop north with paying tenants, we're looking at possibly selling them on
    1st is 125k market value 2 bed small back garden
    2nd is 105k market value 3 bed good sized garden front and back
    As I said, paying tenants in both who have just resigned contracts to stay for at least a year
    Serious interests and I'll PM details
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Check your pm's
  3. Reply sent
  4. Well folks, with house prices set to rise 15% in the next 5 years, time to protect your future with cheap property. With paying tenants, they'll pay for themselves!
  5. I have just invested in some property which I believe to be a very good deal, so will pass on these.

However - I wouldn't be too sure about price increases, prices will increase over some undefinable "long term" - but with all that is happening in the UK and the rest of Europe, don't be surprised if prices drop again next year.

I can't remember who said it - but there is some guru or other who says that when investing in property, "you should never assume that the price will go up - that's gambling, not investing" - the property in question should give you a profit from day 1.

Good luck with your sale by the way.
  6. I think its better to move into buy-to-let in different countries. The next Labour government is going to need a huge pot of cash from somewhere, and they're already making noises about BTL landlords being evil speculators who are depriving the needy (sic; "entitled"...) of affordable housing. I reckon UK BTL landlords will need to bend over a barrel and prepare for a swathe of super-taxes and rental restrictions......
  7. Cheers for the tip
  8. What's the gross yield?
  9. 5400 per year on both

We keep rent down to break even. With what Me and the Missus take home, we keep it even so the Taxman doesn't do us for his 'share'!
    We bought them both as an investment, as the Wife doesn't have a pension