SELF-SERVING PAP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pombsen-armchair-warrior, Dec 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Much as I am saddened by the death of PC Chris Roberts whilst on duty the following statement just serves to highlight the ill-considered drivel that is rolled out by ministers and other senior figures on a daily basis.

Home Office minister Tony McNulty said: "Events such as this highlight the dangers that our police officers face every day when protecting the public."

He died of natural causes for Christ's sake.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7161773.stm

2. He continued: "....and this is why I shall be accepting a whopping pay rise while denying a much smaller one to my subordinates, as recommended in Self-serve to Lead"

3. Should read: Home Office minister Tony McNulty said: "Events such as this highlight the dangers that our police officers face every day when protecting the public. But fcuk em, they chose to serve and they're not getting any more money, and if they complain,they can still fcuk off! Ive got my huge pay rise so bollox to ya!"

4. According to the link, 2 other officers have died on duty this year.

Is this accurate? If so, very sad, but it kind of blows out of the water any arguments about the police deserving higher pay than soldiers due to being in danger every day doesn't it?

Tubs

5. We should protect these dedicated public servants from the ravages of heart disease by, oh I don't know, how about getting them out in the fresh air and taking plenty of healthy exercise? We could call it walking the... something or other.

6. the fat fookers should spend less time in mcdonalds = less heart disease

7. You tell em!! No soldiers ever have heart attacks....... do they?

8. Only the TA ones. Normally after reading the WO for a CFT.

9. pmsl

of course soldiers have heart attacks, usually after years of smoking, drinking and bacon butties.

i drink like a fish, but theres no point complaining when you've croaked it because of your lifestyle - we all bring it on ourselves, as will i have - simple.