Self Important and Entitled Criminals - who would have guessed?

triggerigger

Old-Salt
Asbergers
Assholes
ADD
Ptsd
Work related stress
Depression
Same dog different piece of string
Been on both ends of the string.
Don't judge people until you have walked a mile in their shoes.
Then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes.

Asbergers
Assholes
ADD
Ptsd
Work related stress
Depression
Same dog different piece of string
Been on both ends of the string.
Don't judge people until you have walked a mile in their shoes.
Then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes.
Can you catch it in McDonalds?

Some people pay good money to get the birch, or more likely a Sjambok, especially MPs
Sjambok, really?? If that was applied correctly they wouldn't get off on it.

They cane them for crimes in Singapore, the prospect of that used to deter lots of stupidity. BFO rattan cane mind.

Teaching something to change behaviour is sadly, not as successful as wider society would like it to be. I have little doubt that everyone has broken a rule or a law at some time in their life. There may have been valid reasons for doing such in some cases, and thus the majority accept that there is a consequence if caught. Even criminals understand this it is just a criminal values and prioritises there position to be above laws and rules.

The reality is some people can be rehabilitated, some cannot. the issue is that the criminal justice system as it stands today is riven by concerns to be seen humane. Society writ large however does not have a single view on what is to be done too guard against those who choose criminality as a preferred choice.

I have some members of close family who have in the past been 'banged up', I have a niece who recently should have been 'banged up'. Neither needed to become criminals, however both choose too.
Treat fire with fire. Pikey vermin move on.

We have a local crim, burgled three adjoining houses, caught at home with the stolen property a short while after due to cctv
he is proclaiming his innocence, and crying for his solicitor
luckily the powers that be have kept him locked up , but I am sure we will hear excuses and please in court next week
The lazy bastard

We have a local crim, burgled three adjoining houses, caught at home with the stolen property a short while after due to cctv
he is proclaiming his innocence, and crying for his solicitor
luckily the powers that be have kept him locked up , but I am sure we will hear excuses and please in court next week
Lad in my year at school broke into a neighbour's house when he was 17 and stole a rifle. Got caught because he decided to walk around the village with it over his shoulder.

Few years down the line and he gets arrested by my sister for going equipped. Sister recognised him but he didn't recognise her and he gave a false name. She phoned his local station for details and was advised of a few identifying marks.

She walks back into the room.

"Right Mr Smith, only I don't think that you are Mr Smith." At which point she lifts up the hair at the back of his neck, where his name is tattooed. "I think that you are xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx."

"Aw me fooken tattoos. They aalways fooken givus away."

Which pisses me off no end, as someone who has a child with Aspergers, I can say that he is the most moralistic child I’ve ever known, it shouldn’t be a standard get out of jail free card.
It isn’t. If you wanted to use that type of thing as a defence, the court would want to see some sort of medical evidence. That’s why sentencing is often delayed for reports to confirm issues.

Awol

LE
It isn’t. If you wanted to use that type of thing as a defence, the court would want to see some sort of medical evidence. That’s why sentencing is often delayed for reports to confirm issues.
Serious question.... how would they prove depression?

Serious question.... how would they prove depression?
For a start, depression isn’t a defence to committing a criminal offence. It may be sighted as a mitigating factor and used to explain the actions. I would imagine that a suitably qualified medical professional would have to give an opinion.
Virtually every person I arrest, tells the Custody Sergeant that they have depression. Doesn’t stop them being charged or convicted.

As pointing out the truth often is.

There was a study done a few years ago where members of the Mafia and a control group of non-Mafia criminals were interviewed in prison.

It has been a long held belief that the Mafia is a home for psycopaths and sociopaths. The study found that in fact Mafia members score below the index for those whereas the unaffiliated criminals score above it. So, independent toerags are more likely to kill the family pet, put frogs in microwaves and be generally more nasty. It is put down to the fact that the Mafia is a structured organisation with what is effectively a code of conduct and that when carrying out act's they are usually following orders.
Maturity is critical and generally someone older carries a little more self control.... The mafia for instance was a more unionised criminality, but after the plod had a crackdown and removed the stable older leadership, the young bucks taking over, led to a spike in violence and sociopathic activity..... But the mature leadership were once young and equally nasty, violent and without self control.

Prison works when it keeps someone in prison past some invisible point inside someones head, where maturity and prison imposed reflection creates a positive feedback in someones head... Letting people out before that happens is the area modern criminology has entirely focused upon and they are politicially motivated people looking for self fulfilling evidence, to argue prison doesn't work.

For a start, depression isn’t a defence to committing a criminal offence. It may be sighted as a mitigating factor and used to explain the actions. I would imagine that a suitably qualified medical professional would have to give an opinion.
Virtually every person I arrest, tells the Custody Sergeant that they have depression. Doesn’t stop them being charged or convicted.
Following conviction and sentencing even more depressed? Oh dear.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SO2_UKSC(G) The NAAFI Bar 157
Tired_Tech The NAAFI Bar 40
royspeed The NAAFI Bar 36

Latest Threads