Self-help idea for the Legion

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by fingers_1661, May 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Royal British Legion often complain that their numbers are dwindling and are not being replaced by the younger generation. Why don't they introduce a scheme where all service leavers are automatically granted 1 years free membership as part of the resettlement process, being careful to ensure they sign a Bank d/d mandate as part of the discharge process? This would minimise the number that vanish after the 1st year and would increase revenue for a charity that takes care of our interests.

.....& why not re-introduce honorary 'B' memberships for serving pers?
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

So have you suggested this to TRBL? Oh & what about those in Scotland? TRBL Scotland is a separate Charity.
  3. It would be a good idea if TRBL actually answered correspondence. I`ve sent two e mails regarding membership and whether I can be of help voluntarily and neither have been answered. I also do not allow direct debits near my bank account (they do have a habit of taking out two or even three payments at any one time) so another method of payment would be useful. 8O
  4. [/quote]So have you suggested this to TRBL? Oh & what about those in Scotland?[/quote]

Yes i have but this forum reaches my intended audience far better than a single voice.

(This proposal covers anyone under the 'British' umbrella, including commonwealth soldiers covered by the Royal Commonwealth Ex Service League when living outside UK.)