Self-help idea for the Legion

The Royal British Legion often complain that their numbers are dwindling and are not being replaced by the younger generation. Why don't they introduce a scheme where all service leavers are automatically granted 1 years free membership as part of the resettlement process, being careful to ensure they sign a Bank d/d mandate as part of the discharge process? This would minimise the number that vanish after the 1st year and would increase revenue for a charity that takes care of our interests.

.....& why not re-introduce honorary 'B' memberships for serving pers?

oldbaldy

LE
fingers_1661 said:
The Royal British Legion often complain that their numbers are dwindling and are not being replaced by the younger generation. Why don't they introduce a scheme where all service leavers are automatically granted 1 years free membership as part of the resettlement process, being careful to ensure they sign a Bank d/d mandate as part of the discharge process? This would minimise the number that vanish after the 1st year and would increase revenue for a charity that takes care of our interests.

.....& why not re-introduce honorary 'B' memberships for serving pers?
So have you suggested this to TRBL? Oh & what about those in Scotland? TRBL Scotland is a separate Charity.
http://www.rblscotland.org.uk/
http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/

It would be a good idea if TRBL actually answered correspondence. I`ve sent two e mails regarding membership and whether I can be of help voluntarily and neither have been answered. I also do not allow direct debits near my bank account (they do have a habit of taking out two or even three payments at any one time) so another method of payment would be useful. 8O

[/quote]So have you suggested this to TRBL? Oh & what about those in Scotland?[/quote]

Yes i have but this forum reaches my intended audience far better than a single voice.

(This proposal covers anyone under the 'British' umbrella, including commonwealth soldiers covered by the Royal Commonwealth Ex Service League when living outside UK.)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Tabletop Gaming & RPG 1
Y Army Reserve 5
R The NAAFI Bar 3