Self harm

Status
Not open for further replies.
To set the scene, 3 years ago (when i was 15) i had one episode of self harm that occurred across a few days, leaving 8 cutting scars on my upper thigh. i recently applied to the army and want to join the parachute regiment. after applying and admitting to self harm scars i was passed on the initial medical check and will go on to the assessment centre where they may quiz me on the self harm.

i am interested to know whether i am going to have an issue at the assessment centre and how likely my application is to be accepted

Many Thanks,

Agony_Aunt

War Hero
As I understand it, if you had more than one episode of self-harm, that would be an issue. You might be asked for a letter from your GP to confirm you are mentally healthy enough.

As I understand it, if you had more than one episode of self-harm, that would be an issue. You might be asked for a letter from your GP to confirm you are mentally healthy enough.
is one episode a big deal then?

i harmed myself after i found out my mum got pregnant in an affair, after she told me.

i was never diagnosed with depression

i was a dumb kid and i didnt like the self harm and havent wanted to do so again since

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads