Self employed surveyor query.

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Issi, Nov 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi All,

    Wondered if anyone could advise me on the correct course of action that I need to take if going self employed.

    The scenario is that I would be working for a company that allocates surveys to be carried out in your own region, and that they pay you a fixed rate for every survey that you complete.

    I won't actually be employed by the company but will be carrying out surveys on their behalf.

    My first thoughts are to go and see a local accountant to get some advice but just wondered if anybody out there could give me any pointers on what I should be discussing with an accountant?asking the accountant?

    Any tips or advice gratefully recieved.

  2. TheIronDuke

    TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

    I am not an accountant. But if you are setting yourself up as a consultant / RICS member, ask your accountant how the Revenue regard a consultant who only has one client? Actually, ask someone who works for the Revenue.

    Then ask your accountant if he thinks wearing plastic shoes will ever catch on.
    • Like Like x 1