self adhesive curtain hooks

Discussion in 'DIY' started by maguire, Jun 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

can anyone make any recommendations as to the brand please? I want ones that will stay up and not keep coming unstuck.
  2. Depends on what your sticking them to, and good preparation is the key
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

upvc window frames on the interior, and yes I'll be giving the frames a good wipe first to make sure the adhesive has the best chance of sticking.
  4. If its for the tiebacks, adheisive is fine, net crtains are fine too,
    for nets you can get a kit with a solid bar type thing that threads through the top and sits on pins that stick to the frame.

self adheisive is not suitable for using net curtain wire as it needs to be taught and its like a spring.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

yep, these will be being used with rods, as the landlord doesnt want me screwing hooks into his nice new upvc windows. however, my question was about the brand - I want them to stay stuck and not keep coming loose. any recommendations in that respect please?
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

just net curtains and poles. curtain poles, not immigrant builders.
  7. Pardon my Google.
  8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

haha - sluggy picked the wrong pole. hurrrrr.
  9. Poles and rods and sticky ends. Heheheeeee.
  10. you can get thinner ones for nets
  11. Self adhesive curtain hooks? This thread has no place in the DIY section! It should be moved forthwith to the 'women's titivating the house section'.

4in Nails. Much better with 6, but 4 in perfectly adequate. Or buy a nail gun, and have fun yelling 'with a magazine of 26 rounds... load!', sorting hte job with the first two nails, but then 'practicing' with the remainderr... if you hold down the safety catch, you can fire them down the garden at tin cans.

self adhesive curtain hooks... pah.
  12. Mrs Carrot says 13mm extendable pole with Tab Top nets would look rather swish. Rather strange advice seeing as she won't have the ******* things here, but that's birds for you.