self adhesive curtain hooks

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
can anyone make any recommendations as to the brand please? I want ones that will stay up and not keep coming unstuck.

Depends on what your sticking them to, and good preparation is the key

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
upvc window frames on the interior, and yes I'll be giving the frames a good wipe first to make sure the adhesive has the best chance of sticking.

If its for the tiebacks, adheisive is fine, net crtains are fine too,
for nets you can get a kit with a solid bar type thing that threads through the top and sits on pins that stick to the frame.

self adheisive is not suitable for using net curtain wire as it needs to be taught and its like a spring.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
If its for the tiebacks, adheisive is fine, net crtains are fine too,
for nets you can get a kit with a solid bar type thing that threads through the top and sits on pins that stick to the frame.

self adheisive is not suitable for using net curtain wire as it needs to be taught and its like a spring.
yep, these will be being used with rods, as the landlord doesnt want me screwing hooks into his nice new upvc windows. however, my question was about the brand - I want them to stay stuck and not keep coming loose. any recommendations in that respect please?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
just net curtains and poles. curtain poles, not immigrant builders.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
haha - sluggy picked the wrong pole. hurrrrr.

you can get thinner ones for nets

Self adhesive curtain hooks? This thread has no place in the DIY section! It should be moved forthwith to the 'women's titivating the house section'.

4in Nails. Much better with 6, but 4 in perfectly adequate. Or buy a nail gun, and have fun yelling 'with a magazine of 26 rounds... load!', sorting hte job with the first two nails, but then 'practicing' with the remainderr... if you hold down the safety catch, you can fire them down the garden at tin cans.

self adhesive curtain hooks... pah.

Self adhesive curtain hooks? This thread has no place in the DIY section! It should be moved forthwith to the 'women's titivating the house section'.

4in Nails. Much better with 6, but 4 in perfectly adequate. Or buy a nail gun, and have fun yelling 'with a magazine of 26 rounds... load!', sorting hte job with the first two nails, but then 'practicing' with the remainderr... if you hold down the safety catch, you can fire them down the garden at tin cans.

self adhesive curtain hooks... pah.
These look rather as if they might help with a garden/catshit problem.

can anyone make any recommendations as to the brand please? I want ones that will stay up and not keep coming unstuck.
Command Hooks made by 3M - brand name. These can be found in most D.I.Y. stores or stationery shops. Double sided sticky tape strips and instructions comes with hooks. The double sided sticky tape is designed to come off cleanly when you need to take the hooks down. Just pick the ones that suits your needs. I've used the small clear hooks and put 10 or so on the upvc or wood window frame then used the relevant holes in the back of the top of the net curtain and hung the net curtains that way.

I've used the 'spring loaded' net curtain rod to great effect in the past too.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Command Hooks made by 3M - brand name. These can be found in most D.I.Y. stores or stationery shops. Double sided sticky tape strips and instructions comes with hooks. The double sided sticky tape is designed to come off cleanly when you need to take the hooks down. Just pick the ones that suits your needs. I've used the small clear hooks and put 10 or so on the upvc or wood window frame then used the relevant holes in the back of the top of the net curtain and hung the net curtains that way.

I've used the 'spring loaded' net curtain rod to great effect in the past too.
Thank you SWOM. only twenty odd posts needed for someone to actually read my question and give me a relevant answer. :)

poundland may stock the appendages you seek

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
what was my original question? oh yes, 'I want ones that will stay up and not keep coming unstuck.'. did I get an answer regarding that? no, I didnt. I **told** you I'd found the poles, and that I wanted hooks that would just stay stuck. you wibbled on at length about various other products and missed the point. so chinny on. ;)