Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by sweetsoutar, Nov 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. got deferred 1st time round for a heart murmer 'gutted' but just received dates to go back to scotland on the 6th december......any advice is great

2. please dont call it selection

as most will confuse it with something else.
  3. Now now, this discussion was had very recently, let's not have it again! :D

Anyone new to the Army will have no idea that within the military "selection" tends to refer to "THEM". Anyway, it's correct to call it selection (Army Development & Selection Centre).
  4. ha ok new at this but its does say selection glencorse when you what you suppose to say then...??
  5. Don't worry about it, if you really want to please everyone call it Recruit or Soldier Selection (that caveat should placate the majority).
  6. Seeing as "selection" as the poster is referring to is a test held at a Recruit Selection Centre, now called Army Development & Selection Centre, then surely "Selection" is the term he should use?

Or should we now tell all the recruiting staff and ATR staff not to refer to the process of of joining the army as "selection" just in case some muppet mistakes it for SF selection?

The guy is posting in The Training Wing and is obviously trying to succeed in joining the Army, so cut him some slack.

Semantics, semantics... blah, blah, blah...

Edited to say... clearly The Goon can type faster than me.
  7. thanks for the back up! ye i am only trying my best to join the army...

p.s im a she not a he ha! :)
  8. are you fit though?
  9. Good question, well presented... ;)
  10. Hey im in the same boat as you. Got deferred with a heart murmur. I go back to Pirbright on the 28th Nov. Only got the letter on Wednesday so trying to work out how much exercise to do before i go. Only worry for me is lung function test a press ups.