selection

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by jimbo12345, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. dont know if i am on the correct forum but i am attending selection in a few weeks and would be grtaeful if anybody could answer a question for me. Do recruits who plan on joining the RMP have to take any seperate tests than recruits going into other jobs not have to do?
    I've have asked the people at the Careers office and they aren't sure?
    any help would be appreciated.

2. No you don't have to do any extra tests. If you are going into a technical trade (which you aren't) you have to do a technical test which I beleive is mostly maths, but for RMP there isn't anything extra. Or there wasn't when I went for selection in June...

3. PS If you go to the Juniors Forum there is a Regular Recruiting Questions Forum which has a few topics about selection.

4. thanks a lot
    the helps much appreciated
    how is selection? are you in the RMP?

5. Hey

I passed selection at ADSC Glencorse in Sept and RMP didnt have to do any different tests, you just have to show good leadership in the team tasks.

You do a maths test for a more tech trade - the guys wanting to join the intel corps didnt have to do it so i dont think u will either!

Good Luck

6. thanks
    are you in training at the moment?
    what did you go into/plan on going into?

7. I also did selection at Glencorse. You just need to work hard from the minute you get there. As long as you've prepared for it, especially on the fitness side of things, you'll be fine. Don't forget to take some smart kit for the interview.

I'm not in yet, my start date is 25 Feb so a few months to go.

When/where are you going for selection?