Selection

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Ritch, Jul 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys. I posted not long ago on training tips for building up strength but there's something else I need to ask.

What do the army judge you on on the two day selection apart from physical fitness.

Any positive feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. am leaving in 5 mins for my phase 1 training lol.....but anyways team work is a big factor! and you need to show that you want to be there and put more then 100% effort in.....do more then your best and you will be fine mate

3. like gib said (good luck by the way) they judge you on mentality - dont talk back to them but dont be shy either, they like to see good character. on team exercises especially make sure you get involved, dont shout randomnly, try and be productive and make your voice heard. good luck mate, its great fun.

4. You will get to see An ADSC video prior to going in but as your recruiter if you could see it earlier if you want to.

It normally consists of .

Introduction by OC
    Medical
    Icebreaker..... Chat about yourself
    Upper body fitness assessments....... Shows in fitness brochure.
    Military lesson ...... Grenade
    Team activity..... Team games.

Day 2.

Grenade written test.
    Mile and a half run
    Team Tasks
    Grenade throwing........ Dummy Grenade
    Interviews.

Main thing is to be smart, Dont fcuk around, mix with others, be part of the team and enjoy it.

I used to take my lads on pre selections days to give them a chance to practice. Sort your fitness and confidence out and youll do fine.
    Team Activities