• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Selection

Hi guys. I posted not long ago on training tips for building up strength but there's something else I need to ask.

What do the army judge you on on the two day selection apart from physical fitness.

Any positive feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

am leaving in 5 mins for my phase 1 training lol.....but anyways team work is a big factor! and you need to show that you want to be there and put more then 100% effort in.....do more then your best and you will be fine mate

like gib said (good luck by the way) they judge you on mentality - dont talk back to them but dont be shy either, they like to see good character. on team exercises especially make sure you get involved, dont shout randomnly, try and be productive and make your voice heard. good luck mate, its great fun.

RitchieRitch69 said:
Hi guys. I posted not long ago on training tips for building up strength but there's something else I need to ask.

What do the army judge you on on the two day selection apart from physical fitness.

Any positive feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.
You will get to see An ADSC video prior to going in but as your recruiter if you could see it earlier if you want to.

It normally consists of .

Introduction by OC
Medical
Icebreaker..... Chat about yourself
Upper body fitness assessments....... Shows in fitness brochure.
Military lesson ...... Grenade
Team activity..... Team games.

Day 2.

Grenade written test.
Mile and a half run
Team Tasks
Grenade throwing........ Dummy Grenade
Interviews.

Main thing is to be smart, Dont fcuk around, mix with others, be part of the team and enjoy it.

I used to take my lads on pre selections days to give them a chance to practice. Sort your fitness and confidence out and youll do fine.
Team Activities

Latest Threads