Selection

Hi , my 15yr old son is hopefully joining Harrogate Foundation College in September 2020.
He has his Selection on the 11th Feb at Whittington Barracks Litchfield . He’s been training hard . Worry is,he has been running on the road and we don’t know if the Run Test is done on tarmac or grass !
Any advice gratefully received to calm Our worries .
TIA

In my ancient experience, it is generally on tarmac.

They may well have various routes, to ring the changes, that may involve tarmac, grass, sand etc. They are not there to fail candidates, they are assessing potential. Too that end, they are not going to make it so difficult.

If he has trained hard, he will be fine, so don't worry.

Thanks for your reply :) We keep telling him
he will be fine . So much pressure as he is hoping for Para time . I’m sure it wasn’t this stressful when my hubby joined !!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
All your son needs to concentrate on is doing his best. I wish him well.

Hi , my 15yr old son is hopefully joining Harrogate Foundation College in September 2020.
He has his Selection on the 11th Feb at Whittington Barracks Litchfield . He’s been training hard . Worry is,he has been running on the road and we don’t know if the Run Test is done on tarmac or grass !
TIA
This might help the training - Apple version also available.

Blandyy

Swinger
TIA
Went to my assessment in January this year. Running was all done on roads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to my assessment in January this year. Running was all done on roads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good drills, useful input, you'll do well.

Latest Threads