Selection

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Ethhjoness, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I'm looking to go to selection in the next 2 months(haven't had a date yet) and I'm hat inquiring about my fitness levels I've been in an armed forces preparation course for the past few months and during the course my fitness levels were. 1.5m run- 9:10/sit ups(2mins) 78/press ups(2mins)66. Since then I finishe the course and have had a job and didn't do any fitness for about 2 weeks. Haven't done mile and half run test yet but I'm thinking its around 10:15- sit ups are 72 and press ups are 50. I can get them all back to there usuall standards like they were on the course but I'm asking would these standards do me good at selection?(scored 62 on barb,icebreaker is good also) any advice would be great! Cheers

2. Have a look at the stickies and the search function on here mate. Loads of info for you.

Good luck!

3. You'll be fine mate. People approach basic selection like it's SAS selection and tend to get totally phased out by the whole thing. You sound pretty good fitness wise, just keep it up and you will be fine. Good luck and feel free to PM if you want any more help / advice. It's a cracking time for your BFT (for a civvie) so your core fitness seems to be pretty much up to speed. Don't worry.

4. I know we are not allowed to say it but WTF happened to turnng up and doing your best, ice breaker, armed forces preparation course, I despair, I really do.

5. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

Press ups and sit ups are not part of the selection process. As said above, look at the stickies, all the requirements are there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.