Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by rachaelb, Mar 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have just come back from my selection and got a deffered b, which means i just need to redo the jerry cans and bag lift again can anyone tell me that defer does not mean an automatic fail as i passed the rest thanks
  2. How did you get deferred for the Jerrycan lift?!?! You should be ashamed of yourself.
  3. Good job English is not a pre-requisite of the TA.
  4. I have a great training excercise that you can try ;)
    • Like Like x 4
  5. I can help you with your grip...
  6. Beaten..damn
  7. Shit excuse!

Lets just hope there is a strapping male colleague next to all women whenever they need to lift a box of ammunition onto the back of a MAN SV when under fire! <sigh>
  8. Passed the run with what time?
  9. under ten mins
  10. 7 posts, and you've not put up a photo of yourself yet?! Shocking!
  11. coz i guarantee you you'd be commenting on it u like winding girls up lol
  12. Well done! Now get in the gym and work on your upper body!

Regarding the question about 'deferred', were going to need a picture of you before we can offer further constructive advice!
  13. i can lift 40kg on the deadweights in gym so its all about technique on the day
  14. The gym is a controlled environment. The weights are easy to contol and manipulate. Try compound moves like the clean and jerk to build strength throughout your body. Ask them if they have any power bags like those used in the tests and practice with them.
  15. they do have power bags there thanks for the tip