Selection Weekend Requirements.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by EwanL, Feb 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning all, finally set to do selection tomorrow after being medically differed for 6 months, run times is 10 minutes which is all dandy, only concern is the lifts. I'm quite a small lad muscle wise, the jerry can carry is a do, but not sure on the requirements on the lifts, I heard the static lift was 45-55kg is this right? Any advice great full.

Really want to smash this!

Thanks

2. when i did selection you do a static lift and and a test of back strengh, the lifts are a peice of piss, noone failed so couldnt be that hard... just go there you have 3 attemps on each...3rd is best effort, you will smash it

3. Let us know how you get on and good luck.

4. You can't fail on the static lifts anyway, just make sure you fly round on the run and you'll be ok.

5. This seems a lifetime ago now, basicially the lifts start at about 20-25kg and go up in increments of 5kg, in fact on my RSD we used a peice of gym equipment to simulate lifting onto a Bedford rather than ammo crates. Its really not bad at all and I have yet to see anyone in decent shape fail.

Instead concentrate on the run and be able to talk about why you want to join the TA articulately in front of a group. I had to endure an hour of having to listen to mongs who could barely string a sentence together who barely knew what planet they were on, let alone why they wanted to be a Stab, so its a welcome relief when someone has something interesting to say about why they want to join.

Good luck and all the best!

6. I'm pretty scrawny and I managed to do the lifts, the technique matters more than your actual strength I think, either way, you'll do it with no real dramas.