Selection Tomorrow, TST Question??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by stu.l, Mar 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the job i want, I.S Engineer, i need 35 on the TST Test and i was just wondering, how many questions are on the test paper? and how long you have to do it?.

Thanks in advance
    Stu

2. 55 questions and 45 minutes to complete if my memory serves me right.

3. If i passed everything else at selection, but never got 35 on this test, what would happen?

Cheers in advance
    Stu

4. Deferral if all your jobs require it. Go back and do it again.
    Or if not all jobs require it, then you could be offered one of them

5. Im assuming you know what the test involves, alot of it is dividing fractions, using percentages etc.

Theres nothing harder than GCSE level on the test though.

If your worried about it you can get GCSE revision guides from WHSmiths, did the trick for me, had 48/55.

With ref to the post above about how long you get, im pretty sure it was 30 mins to complete all questions. though the first 10 or 20 are very easy and take seconds.

6. What happens if the TST is failed?
    Do you fail selection?
    Do you have to re-sit?
    Do you have to Re-attend?
    Or do you end up passing with second job choice?

Thank You
    Craig.

7. You don't get offered the job that needed the score...don't know if you can appeal to sit it again though

8. Would you be offered the second job?

9. Selection is tomorrow.....would it really change anything if you knew the answer to that question? Kinda to late to revise now isn't it or change anything.

All you can do is your best, which I'm sure will be enough.

Good luck.

10. ehehehe thats what i thought, until the medical bit me in the ass

11. Come again?? 8O

12. :) i went to do selection few days ago, waited to do the TST but now i gotta wait since i was defered :p atleast i have 2 weeks to brush up on my maths a bit more

13. Failed my tst. Was given the option of just resitting my tst as i passed everything else.

Good luck

14. What should I be revising for my TST test. I'm revising algebra, fractions, decimals, percentages, area and volume?

Anything else i've missed?