Selection on Monday, what will i be doing?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SoulCal93, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok i have been given a time-table of whats happening, i should be alright with physical but medical? I dont think i have any problems. so hopefull i will be alright but i was told to watch a video and it showed a young lad maybe 18? He found out he had a light mumour in his heart and i am worried this might happen to me, my friend was deffered for 12 months because there was something wrong with his knee-caps and found blood in his urine.

On the Physical tests i need to do a 1.5 mile run which everybody else does, but is there a time limit i must reach? Like finish it under 11 mins if not i fail.

Physical Strength tests will i be doing push-ups and how much do i need to do to get a pass?

Pull-ups i can do 15 pull-ups will this be enough?

What if i fail Medical can i get another chance or will i get deferred?

I will be going to Brookwood and if anybody that went there what is it like?
  2. I think perhaps using the search button on here will answer all your questions

you aint the first and wont be the last.
  3. I went to Glencourse so I'm not sure what brookwood will be like, but I'll offer what advice I can.

On the medical front, I bricked it too, but theres no reason to expect to fail [though I'll admit to not thinking that way when I was waiting], and either way theres nothing much you can do about it now.
  4. Here's an original idea. Why don't you follow the lead of 1000,000s of soldiers and just turn up and do your best at whatever's asked of you? If you're not ready now you never will be.

Sometimes I think the fcuking internet is the worst thing ever invented unless of course I'm abusing fat civvy bints trawling for vein.

5. All you have to do is read your Joining Instructions and you will find out Brookwood is a train station . You will be doing your ADSC at Pirbright and there are countless threads on this.....if you were not sure about this before hand why didnt you confirm with your Recruiter rather than wait till now. PPP
  6. Call me old fashioned, but didn't we used to find out what we were going to be doing and prepare before we went...........................normally more than 2 days before?

7. Quality.

You are stressing too much mate. Do as FA said, rock up and crack on.
  8. Sorry for creating another thread on this subject i still have not gotten used to this website poor excuse yes i was wrong i should have thought about this and i promise in the future that i will do this.

It's just the thought of going through this process the idea that i might pass or fail, the feeling i was not good enough to enter puts fear in me and i am panicking all ready about the trains, i have to go on 4 different trains and i am scared i will catch the wrong or miss a train i really want to give off a good first impression.
  9. Don't forget the soap on a rope
  10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

100% agree , too much out there , for our weak minded, bodied wannabee.s good post 5A
  11. Selection? In my youth that meant something entirely different, involving hills. Lots and lots of hills....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.