• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Selection on 30/4/2013 in Belfast anyone?

TA go through Phase 1 and CIC in seperate cadres you could say from regular, wish you the best of luck however, and the best I advice I can give is keep your head down and just get on with it :wave:

Do they do selection together? Will there be males and females together during my selection?
Thanks in advance :)
Yes you will train together, boys and girls, think of it like a meatgrinder, although you'll find that the standards are certainly alot higher than what I went through during mine but with max effort it shouldn't be a struggle, and I'd also recommend working on your fitness if you get the time

When I did mine it was 4 weekends for Phase 1 and a 2 Week CIC @ Catterick although I believe its now 8 weekends and still 2 week CIC, you get paid for all so just think of it as some extra £££, although if your just joining the TA solely for the extra income your in the wrong place. Well the bounty does certainly make it worthwhile after 5 years I'm not going to deny an extra grand in my pocket hasn't funded a holiday or 2

When I did mine it was 4 weekends for Phase 1 and a 2 Week CIC @ Catterick although I believe its now 8 weekends and still 2 week CIC, you get paid for all so just think of it as some extra £££, although if your just joining the TA solely for the extra income your in the wrong place. Well the bounty does certainly make it worthwhile after 5 years I'm not going to deny an extra grand in my pocket hasn't funded a holiday or 2
Phase 1 - 6 Weekends and 9 weekends for infantry. Then 2 weeks at Pirbright or Catterick for Infantry. I think that's still how it is but may be corrected.

Good luck! Any idea how I can get my application moving along quicker? No one seems to pick up phone in belfast office? I have applied online back in feb?

Work on his fitness IF he has the time? Is that a piss take? He wants to join the Army for God's sake. Fitness should be the first, second and last thing on his mind. No wonder the Regs slag off the TA for their lack of fitness.
If he gets the time...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Well the TA is definately not the same as it was 10 years ago when I joined and alot more emphasis has been placed on fitness at the unit, especially since alot more is now being demanded from Reserve Forces and its alot more serious with the standards, so yesHo2331 is correct in when he says with regards to the emphasis needing on attaining a high level as well as maintaining, if anyone PTI qualified or could recommend a good fitness plan for interested fellas?

Latest Threads