Selection on 30/4/2013 in Belfast anyone?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by CrOw1234, Apr 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is TA and Regular potential Recurits together?

2. TA go through Phase 1 and CIC in seperate cadres you could say from regular, wish you the best of luck however, and the best I advice I can give is keep your head down and just get on with it :wave:

3. Do they do selection together? Will there be males and females together during my selection?
    Thanks in advance :)

4. Yes you will train together, boys and girls, think of it like a meatgrinder, although you'll find that the standards are certainly alot higher than what I went through during mine but with max effort it shouldn't be a struggle, and I'd also recommend working on your fitness if you get the time

5. Aw thats okay thanks! One last thing, how many normally attend?

6. When I did mine it was 4 weekends for Phase 1 and a 2 Week CIC @ Catterick although I believe its now 8 weekends and still 2 week CIC, you get paid for all so just think of it as some extra £££, although if your just joining the TA solely for the extra income your in the wrong place. Well the bounty does certainly make it worthwhile after 5 years I'm not going to deny an extra grand in my pocket hasn't funded a holiday or 2

7. Phase 1 - 6 Weekends and 9 weekends for infantry. Then 2 weeks at Pirbright or Catterick for Infantry. I think that's still how it is but may be corrected.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Work on his fitness IF he has the time? Is that a piss take? He wants to join the Army for God's sake. Fitness should be the first, second and last thing on his mind. No wonder the Regs slag off the TA for their lack of fitness.
    If he gets the time...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. Good luck! Any idea how I can get my application moving along quicker? No one seems to pick up phone in belfast office? I have applied online back in feb?

10. Now that some twunt has posted details on the internet, probably very few.

• Like Like x 1
  11. What you talking about onetap?

12. Security, numbnuts.

13. Jeez...

• Like Like x 1
  14. They haven't gone away, you know.