ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Selection in 3 Weeks, help on upper body strength?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by RyanSapperToBe, May 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all, new to the forum, basically im hoping to start training in ATC Harrogate for the technical course, i am yet to go to adsc on the 13th June,
    I passed pre selection but because i am a junior and because of my build i found the upper body strength tougher than others, My best Run time is 10:26, im fine at icebreaker and teamtasks etc, Jerry can carry i find okay, situps about 50 before i start to ache, but i can only do about 15 Pressups and 2 Heaves; embarrassing i know, also the baglift only pre selection i found hard because im short so nore for me to lift above my head, i only lifted 25k and couldnt do the 30, although now i probably could, is there any really good routines or anything to help me improve on my upper body before adsc? Cheers, i just dont want to fail:(
    Seeing as theres only 3 Spaces left for the job i wanna do : RE Building and Structual Finisher, i want to get the highest grade i can so i can get one of those spaces

Additional facts:
    Exercise 5 days a week:
    Monday: 1.5m run, 15 minutes on crostrainer, 2000m rowing, weights at gym
    Tuesday: short jog, Intervals, 15minutes crosstrainer, 2000m rowing, weights
    Wednesday: 25 Minute Run, then Crostrainer for 15, 2000m rowing, Weights
    Thursday: Boxer Circuit, 10minute treadmill intervals, 15 Crosstrainer, 2000m rowing, weights
    Friday: 1.5m run, 15 crosstrainer, 2000m rowing, weights

When i do weights i normally do 30minutes -60 and do latte machine, chest machine, chinups, then othe excercises on dumbells, also i have whey protein 20 mins after workout

Height: 5ft 8
    Weight: 60kg

Haha sorry if ive written an essay i just really want to pasz and want to know of im training wrong and if ill pass/fail adsc at the current standard im at, thanks:)

2. Try this link: FITNESS Qs & ADSC 1.5 mile run times

The stickies are there for a reason, have a look through them and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Also, in the top right corner of the forum there's a 'Search' function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.