alright i am training at the minute doing mile and a half run etc but can any 1 who has already been and Passed selection break it down it to parts for me so i know exactly what to do like in a list if at all possible cheers
* Picked up at waverly
* Get given your number for the weekend
* Fill in forms on the bus
* Off the bus at ADSC , pick up pisspot and number tag
* Dump bags in room , fill pisspot
* Briefing from staff
* Broken up into smaller groups
* Strength tests
* Ice breaker
* Grenade lesson
* Fart about waiting for the other groups to catch up (be regaled with tales of shagging and fighting by passing staff )
* More briefings
* Grenade test
* Be dicked as "not a mong" , mark grenade test
* Upstairs , find a bed, make it
* NAAFI for a game of pool & bottle of juice
* Back to the rooms , fart about , iron clothes for tommorrow , shower, shit , shave
* Discover nearly everyone in your room wants to be a sniper
* Get up , make bed, clear room
* More briefings
* Hang around for a while , further briefings
* Warm up / Run
* Team tasks
* Back to gym ,shower , change for interviews
* Go home
Alternately , read your joining instructions (FFS!)
The staff at Glencourse were brand new when I was there , just dont dick about and youll be fine.
If any of the DS take the pish , its just that , pish taking , dont look like youre about to burst into tears whatever you do , or youll have it ripped out of you all weekend (the staffs patter is awesome too )
Try and get a bed next to a window and open it - Ive been scunnered with proper flu since I got back, Im only out of bed thanks to copious amounts of cocodamol. Get chatting to the guys with numbers closest to yours , youll be doing the team tasks with them.
When you get the chance to eat , eat loads (bar before the run) you'll need it , and unless youve smuggled munchies in , you wont find anything to eat lying around. Its tasty and free...
The team tasks are all about a bit of lateral thinking , get stuck in, use the nut and you'll do well.
You'll be knackered come time to go home but its well worth it , enjoy yourself & dont panic.