Selection for REME?

Discussion in 'REME' started by ben_robinson, Dec 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

I have selection on 28th January, i was just wondering what do the tests consist of for REME - Electrical Technitian?

2. Can you have a glass of milk taken from you without bursting into tears? If so you pass.
  3. shit, best get revising!...

easy stuff then?
  4. Do a search of the joining up forum for the technical selection test, all shall be revealed.

Please note he is not yet a tech so I have no reason to feel dirty inside.
  5. Spelling Technician is also a requirement.

Best of luck :D
  6. Damn you CF, you beat me to it.

Learn how to do those new computer tests and realise that you have to go for speed of answering more than accuracy (a cr@p test for a tech where accuracy is more important than speed!)
  7. Not hard to pass the criteria for a tech, the job will probably sap your will to live though!! Armourer is the way to go (Chicks love gun blokes).

8. Yeah, but not pasty faced myopic wargamers.
  9. Which is why we are trying to get him to move away from being a tech. :)
  10. There are no tests. They just round up the Royal Engineer failures are promise them an easy ride.. :D
  11. are? Do you mean "and"??

That'll be the difference between REME, and RE :wink:
  12. I don't need to spell in my job, you just have to be cast in bronze and dipped in the river Styx :)
  13. Your spelling wasn't at fault, it was your grammar.

Stop digging.
  14. Fair one. But it's not fair, digging's what we do best :cry:
  15. You may want to take into consideration that after dark, REs tend to huddle together, hold hands and have involuntary trouser disasters at the smallest noises. :p .

On the other hand, you might like that ...