selection fitness worry

#1
ok, got selection coming up soon. 1.5 mile run time is 9.13, press-ups 44 in 2 mins, sit-ups 53 in 2 mins, but can't knock out more than 2 chins. am i as good as buggered? 8O
 
#2
If it's for selection with a capital 'S', one would hope your PFT is not the defining test. Still, it would look as though you'll be having a rough first week.

If it's selection for something else, and you are a bloke with a penchant for moleskins and sucking in your chin, I'd say you are looking at being Regimental champion.
 

Tango

War Hero
#3
DM-TS said:
ok, got selection coming up soon. 1.5 mile run time is 9.13, press-ups 44 in 2 mins, sit-ups 53 in 2 mins, but can't knock out more than 2 chins. am i as good as buggered? 8O
From what I can see, you should be fine.
Believe it or not, I managed to smash out a massive ZERO
pull-ups on my selection, I couldn't even manage one.
I still got in, got through basic, and am now a PTI, so don't
worry too much about it. Do your best, but don't stress.

Adrenaline will help slightly, as well as the fact that you're
doing them in front of your peers.

Good luck

Tango
 
#4
What is it with the pull ups.... not many people can do them (me included) but they all seemed to pass ADSC regardless.......?
 

acl

Old-Salt
#5
Lancialfa said:
What is it with the pull ups.... not many people can do them (me included) but they all seemed to pass ADSC regardless.......?
This seems to be correct. My recruiter said I should be more worried about the 1.5 mile run than anything else. And to show team work and a good attitude, that's important too.

As long as your run is good and you show a positive attitude then you should pass it.
 
#6
acl said:
Lancialfa said:
What is it with the pull ups.... not many people can do them (me included) but they all seemed to pass ADSC regardless.......?
This seems to be correct. My recruiter said I should be more worried about the 1.5 mile run than anything else. And to show team work and a good attitude, that's important too.

As long as your run is good and you show a positive attitude then you should pass it.
Exactly the same story here...... the run is the key I believe, dont forget the warm up run though... :x
 
#7
cheers guys that has helped so much. my rather tubby recruiter seems to think that the pull-ups are the be all and end all of the selection process. so what kind of run times were you guys getting??
 

Tango

War Hero
#8
DM-TS said:
cheers guys that has helped so much. my rather tubby recruiter seems to think that the pull-ups are the be all and end all of the selection process. so what kind of run times were you guys getting??
On my selection, I believe I managed a Herculean 12 minutes. As long as they can see you have potential, and are putting the effort in, you should be ok.
 
#9
I did mine just over 12 mins when I did ADSC... I think you will be absolutely fine, unless your as thick as two short planks when it comes to the BARB etc :)
 
#13
Lancialfa said:
What is it with the pull ups.... not many people can do them (me included) but they all seemed to pass ADSC regardless.......?

There not essential, If you can do them its just an added bonus and extra look by your PTI's


Goodluck

DEZ
 
#15
the run, the carry, ice breaker and team tasks are the main things you are marked on and of the course the medical lol.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top