selection fitness worry

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by DM-TS, Dec 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok, got selection coming up soon. 1.5 mile run time is 9.13, press-ups 44 in 2 mins, sit-ups 53 in 2 mins, but can't knock out more than 2 chins. am i as good as buggered? 8O
  2. If it's for selection with a capital 'S', one would hope your PFT is not the defining test. Still, it would look as though you'll be having a rough first week.

If it's selection for something else, and you are a bloke with a penchant for moleskins and sucking in your chin, I'd say you are looking at being Regimental champion.
  3. From what I can see, you should be fine.
    Believe it or not, I managed to smash out a massive ZERO
    pull-ups on my selection, I couldn't even manage one.
    I still got in, got through basic, and am now a PTI, so don't
    worry too much about it. Do your best, but don't stress.

Adrenaline will help slightly, as well as the fact that you're
    doing them in front of your peers.

Good luck

4. What is it with the pull ups.... not many people can do them (me included) but they all seemed to pass ADSC regardless.......?
  5. acl

acl Old-Salt

This seems to be correct. My recruiter said I should be more worried about the 1.5 mile run than anything else. And to show team work and a good attitude, that's important too.

As long as your run is good and you show a positive attitude then you should pass it.
  6. Exactly the same story here...... the run is the key I believe, dont forget the warm up run though... :x
  7. cheers guys that has helped so much. my rather tubby recruiter seems to think that the pull-ups are the be all and end all of the selection process. so what kind of run times were you guys getting??
  8. On my selection, I believe I managed a Herculean 12 minutes. As long as they can see you have potential, and are putting the effort in, you should be ok.
  9. I did mine just over 12 mins when I did ADSC... I think you will be absolutely fine, unless your as thick as two short planks when it comes to the BARB etc :)
  10. Compared to that poor cnut that can only do 3 press ups and a 2.4k in 4 hours you're a freaking legend
  11. LOL , the fatty in the thread below ?
  12. The very one

13. There not essential, If you can do them its just an added bonus and extra look by your PTI's

14. Regarding fitness at ADSC the run is the most important thing out of the lot.
  15. the run, the carry, ice breaker and team tasks are the main things you are marked on and of the course the medical lol.