Selection eyesight and phys query

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Gingejordan, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have selection next month and think I may be recommended to get glasses in the eye test. Would this be a fail or would I just have to get some before I start training?

Also on my last visit to the afco I was told they have removed the circuit from selection. Does anyone know if this is true? And what physical element will replace it?
  2. Well the proactive thing to do would be to get an eye test wouldn't it? Also you can try the search function and thread stickies.
  3. It would be but I'm just asking what the procedure is. I have tried the search function and nothing if relevance to my questions.
  4. The best thing to do would be to get an eye test done before selection. As far as i'm aware you're allowed to wear glasses, even in the infantry, so long as your vision when corrected meets the required standard. I think you're also allowed to wear contact lenses, if that's something you'd want to consider.

In regards to the circuit training done at selection, i'm lead to believe that it has indeed been dropped. I've seen a couple of guys go recently and said they didn't do any kind of PT session whilst they were there, but my advice would be to prepare for it anyway just incase.
  5. Jarrod's summed it up succinctly for you chief; rock up to your local optician's, request an eye exam as you feel your sight is / has deteriorated, if you don't require corrective lenses then happy days, if you do then take your newly purchased specs with you to ADSC.

You are simply going to delay your ATR entry date if you don't.

Reference the circuits question, why do you ask?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the replys, ill give the opticians a ring to be safe. I ask about the circuits as I am curious as to what physical element will replace it if it has been removed? As surely you will end up getting lads passing who struggle to do certain basic exercises.
  7. It's just a schmert circuits session mate to fill your evening, you will indeed even gets lads passing out of training who can't pass a CFT when they rock up to an infantry battalion just because it's a little bit warmer in Germany (usually, this weekend is a disappointing exception).

As long as you are as fit as you can be then don't worry about anyone else, but rather a little schadenfreude at said fatties' expense is the way to go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.