Selection at Pirbright on 21/22 June?

#1
Got my Selection in 3 weeks time 21st - 22nd of June.

Anyone else attending?


H
 
#9
passed mine at pirbright today, all NCO's and Officers there are fantastic - dont back chat, get involved, motivate from the start and grit your teeth and you'll do fine.
 
#10
sjm88 said:
passed mine at pirbright today, all NCO's and Officers there are fantastic - dont back chat, get involved, motivate from the start and grit your teeth and you'll do fine.
Well done sjm88, thanks for the tips. Whats the run like at Pirbright?

H
 
#11
hrlyndon said:
sjm88 said:
passed mine at pirbright today, all NCO's and Officers there are fantastic - dont back chat, get involved, motivate from the start and grit your teeth and you'll do fine.
Well done sjm88, thanks for the tips. Whats the run like at Pirbright?

H
i found it quite difficuilt, ive only practiced on flat roads and theres a couple of hills, nothing major but they do take abit out of you! the PTI's are scattered around the course and they always encourage you, as do soldiers based there, so theres plenty of motivation. Best of luck to you, im sure you'll be fine.
 
#12
sjm88 said:
hrlyndon said:
sjm88 said:
passed mine at pirbright today, all NCO's and Officers there are fantastic - dont back chat, get involved, motivate from the start and grit your teeth and you'll do fine.
Well done sjm88, thanks for the tips. Whats the run like at Pirbright?

H
i found it quite difficuilt, ive only practiced on flat roads and theres a couple of hills, nothing major but they do take abit out of you! the PTI's are scattered around the course and they always encourage you, as do soldiers based there, so theres plenty of motivation. Best of luck to you, im sure you'll be fine.
Thanks Sjm88

H
 
#14
Just passed the speedbumps mate, round the edge of the building site! 2 people on my selection stopped to be sick there and still passed
 
#16
i must admit i was glad i do my running in a hilly area, while the route at pirbright was a hill as such, it was uneven ground, i did like the fact you had a that little final sprint area towards the rugby posts, even though your blowing outta your arse by the time you get to the grass, you suddenly feel a burst of energy and sprint that last part.
 
#17
Mr_Cid said:
i must admit i was glad i do my running in a hilly area, while the route at pirbright was a hill as such, it was uneven ground, i did like the fact you had a that little final sprint area towards the rugby posts, even though your blowing outta your arse by the time you get to the grass, you suddenly feel a burst of energy and sprint that last part.

Hope i get that burst of energy at the last part :!: :wink:
 
#18
I didn't... I thought I did, but im sure I just kept going at the same speed, sprint the whole thing and you'll be alright! lol

Keep an eye out for guys doing Phase 1 marching around... I was trying to run round some of them and they started crossing the road ( hadnt seen me) so had to do some weird running round thing to get back on the other side of them and get past.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top