Seiko aircrew watch 7A28-7120 MoD Issue

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by napier, Aug 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

I was given one of these a few years ago (lucky me), but I managed to get all the hands out of synch while changing the battery. Are there any masters/mistresses of the craft who can tell me how to get the sweep sec, 1/10sec, small sec and 20 min hands all pointing north?
  2. Not sure if we are talking about the same one (mine's at home with a dead battery!) but try pulling out the crown (can't remember if it is to the 1st or 2nd position) then using the stopwatch start/stop and split/reset buttons to fine adjust the various hands.

Hope this helps...
  3. napier

This is the watch (mine's not as shiny)

Edit: I've now got the sweep and 20 min dials upright (pull winder out to 1st stop and press nearest button to dial (top left = 20 min, bottom right = sweep) to set chosen zero posn, but the 1/10 sec dial does not respond to the same treatment using top right button.
  4. Napier,

apologies, this is the one I have. I think it's one for a master/mistress of the trade!
  5. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The military watch forum at will almost certainly be able to gve a definitive amswer.
  6. napier

Thanks chaps,
    Having read lots of info and had a good tinker, I think that the hand in question is kaput and jeweller attention is needed.