Segs on George boots?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by OLDBIGHEAD, Jul 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Checked a few pages in, couldnt do a search because the system, strangely, wont allow it, so apologies if posted before.

Segs (tap-tap thingys fitted to boot/shoe heels) on George boots? Yes or No? or just personal preference?

Cheers

2. Not heard or of it and it might have to repolish the Mess's dance floor!

3. On my BR Course we had a guy put segs in his combat boots. Didnt really bother anyone till it came to drill!

Oh how we laughed.

As the Drill Sgt ripped him a new arrse hole.

4. George boots should not have segs added. They usually have a cut away section of the heel that is reinforced with metal and that should suffice.

5. Correct!

Litotes

6. Generally known as a "quarter" - although it is nowhere near a quarter of the heel.

7. Don't do it! Dod boots + segs + Shiney floor + vast amounts of alcohol = WHUMPH! legs in air pint over head and a look from the Tara that would freeze hell!

8. For the slackers you can now get them in a rather nice low maintenance patent leather.

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Why?

10. Please delete your post - I'm beginning to feel rather unwell. Patent Leather!

Being Gay may well be acceptable in todays armed forces, but surely there is no need to advertise!

the_Bat :batman:

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Because bulling boots is such a manly and worthwhile passtime... Why do you feel spending hours spitting and rubbing polish into boots is gay exactly? Sounds dull as fcuk to me....

12. add a pair of spurs as well! - total disaster

13. I'm with you O.S, where the fuck do I get them :D

14. Another post degenerating into:

Patent Leather, Yes or No?

15. Well it was not like it was a deep and meaning full post. It was about SEGs FFS :roll: