Segregation at Sandhurst?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by lucky_number_ten, Oct 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is the commissioning course co-ed or separate as for Soldier basic training?

2. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

sort of bit of both.

Girlies have seperate Platoons and companies, seperate living area etc, but do the same course as the rest. Sometimes depending on intake size the girlies companies have a blokes platoon in it.

or at least that was what it was like when I was there.

S_R

3. As above, separate platoons for males and females, normally two female and one male platoon in one of the companies.

In theory the syllabus is identical. In fact there a few inevitable differences. All physical tests are "gender fair" meaning women get more time or don't have to score to the same standards as the men. In my intake, on exercise the female cadets split their kit between two bergans, one of which went on a four timber. (Luckily 7.62mm short rounds are also gender fair when fired at us and our equipment is automatically lighter when carried by a woman).

4. l_n_t

I am impressed by your ambition and ability to see the bigger picture.

Most people just go there in the hope they will be good enough to commission, you seem to be weighing up your options to also get regularly laid at the same time.

Nice work!

5. Or scared of showing off the little man?

No offence lucky number ten, but one must look at all sides before being able to come up with the answer that is most probable.

:p

-OCS-

6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The PQO course Platoons are mixed though in our course there was two Platoons in the Company, so they were able to put the husband and wife in separate platoons.
    One of the many ways the PQO course differs.

7. Not quite. Its now 1 female and 2 male in A Company. On Later exercises the girls platoon gets mixed into the two male platoons especially for exercise Broadsword.

8. Should've known I'd get some sort of reply along these lines!

I'm a girl :p

And I was merely asking out of curiosity. Incidentally, brave-coward, very relieved to hear about the 'gender fair' rounds...funny one

9. Haha I apologise L_N_10.

-OCS-