Seen this film?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by IanCulverhouse, Dec 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Desperately sad. Instinct is to condemn a father for selling his child... on the basis that we'd never even dream of doing the same thing ourselves... but I suspect it's a case of 'there for the grace of God go I'.
  2. I find the woman that buys the child more disturbing. Why not just give the poor buggers the money and go?
  3. it was nasty when the wee boy was trying to hug his father and the women grabbed his had and pulled him away, they should have kicked **** out of her and gave the man the money and his kid
  4. How long have we been in Afghan and what has been achieved? I had more sympathy with this war than Iraq initially as it seemed we had some potential in achieving something; it's a bigger mess than ever!

Not only is this a betrayal of the Afghan people, but of the British military as well. The services are doing a superb job with both hands tied behind their backs. When it all goes tits up, who will be blamed? The troops!

The real problem is the govt of this nation who attempt to fix everything on the cheap. We were once masters of hearts and minds but because the govt is full of intellectual dwarves, they are unable to provide a proper solution.
  5. I agree, I think we should have let the Russians control this area, may have brought stability to the region, a crack down on heroine and the Taliban who were trained by who......?