Seen a yob mugging an old dear? - Try Jumping up and down!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by EX_STAB, Feb 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Jeremy Vine interviews Home Office minister, Tony McNulty

I don't generally have much time for Vine but he's done a good job here of showing McNulty to be the idiot and coward that he is.

It's every subject's duty to uphold the law but these cowardly b4stards thrive on a climate of crime and fear.

2. Maybe before going into full jumping up and down mode we should try hopping on one leg in a sort of slighty aggitated manner ?

3. Not everyone is equipped with the tools to face down or put down little sh1ts, either physical or mental ones. Nearly all soldiers are so equipped, but that is one of the basic tools of the job. This should not be confused with having no courage, it's just a different type of courage

4. Putting yourself in harm's way to protect the innocent or to prevent wrongdoing isn't seen as courageous nowadays, it's seen as a sign of stupidity and recklessness. That's the reality........

5. No

There are many cases in recent news where courage has been celebrated. I will mention but two, Sharon Beshenivsky and the London fireman who remonstrated with the bomber

6. Sadly I think you're right. Personaly if I didn't do something I'd feel like a gutless coward of which I think there are already far too many in this country.

7. This is getting bad.

Does anyone remember that story of the woman who was fined for protecting herself from a burglar; it just makes you think he was not supposed to be there! McNulty is one of those idiots who make innocent people become criminals.

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

The country is really going down the pans, two old woman were flashed the other day near my home, and one of the old dears had a stroke.

9. The other couldn't reach

Ba boom

10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Good to see you back even if you are wrong....

The sad thing is that your examples of acts of courage are against v obvious big "threats" and importantly, publicised. They can't be used to support the likely interaction with the police to us in dealing with more common crime.

These days stepping in to halt a fight or act as the peace maker will simply get you lifted with a charge to follow. The cops can't give a shit because their guidelines won't let them. Common sense or honour doesn't come in to it.

11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

;) my mom just told me that was a really old joke that my father told before I was born...

12. Well, people sort of expect people in those kind of uniformed jobs to put themselves in harms way to safeguard the public. What about the ordinary citizen who does the same?
    It used to be the case were a person who wasn't prepared to defend himself or others would be considered a coward. Now there is kind of the expectation, both amongst the public and the authorities, that people should stand by and wait to be rescued, not resist, and leave it all to the professionals, who more often than not are nowhere near enough to be of any use when you need them.....

13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

You can't wait for the old bill, for others or yourself. It's not their fault they can cover the ground and/or get away from paperwork. You have to act...the only other option is doing nothing...surely not an option?

(There was a picture of a street robbery in Battersea in London caught by a photographer, in 'The London Paper' tonight. Anyone have a copy to scan in the backside of the front page where the picture is, I left the copy I was reading on the train...and before you start I picked it up off a seat)