Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

seems you have been hacked

Hi mods
Was just on there and some of the treads changed to some form of language from south east asia, seems you have been hacked

bloodychinksagain.jpg

It's spam. And its dealt with. Every ******* night by me prior to going to bed. Do I get thanks, like say a mug - do I ****. I do it for the love.

It's spam. And its dealt with. Every ******* night by me prior to going to bed. Do I get thanks, like say a mug - do I ****. I do it for the love.

Guns - I had wondered who had the job of cleaning all that crap out of the forum. Now that I know, I do thank you. I would send you a mug as a gesture of thanks but it appears that @Sam The Bam has already sent you a nice virtual mug for you to drink virtual tea out of.

Just curious, do you or anyone out there have any idea why we get buried with this stuff. Clearly we are a primarily an English speaking forum. Why would they keep posting ads that appear to be for forged academic credentials, on an English forum, in their heathen gibberish. Makes no sense to me at all.

The spam factories have hundreds of people just doing Google searches to keywords and then hammering the Top 100 sites. Once they think they have a lead they pass it on for more spamming. It's easy because even those spammers that are real people are paid nothing or less and so it only takes one or two take ups to have success.

We get two types - first is the classic spam where they push out rubbish. The other is the random "1" in a thread. These people are creating accounts that are live to sell on. I like hoofing those best because someone is looking to make money on those and if they have sold it on and it is no longer active they may need to explain to the seller....

Thanks for your hard work, as a reward, I will send you a degree from an institution of your choice. Please PM me your address, and banking details, I will send your degree by mail.

We get two types - first is the classic spam where they push out rubbish. The other is the random "1" in a thread. These people are creating accounts that are live to sell on. I like hoofing those best because someone is looking to make money on those and if they have sold it on and it is no longer active they may need to explain to the seller....

Thanks, now I know what those are about. Learn something new every day. Even old goats can learn!

I'm no expert (no sh1t) but wouldn't it be possible for these hits to just get redirected to one of the more esoteric bits of the forum? Gingers I Would or similar.