Seems Canoe Man may have his imitators

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by cloudbuster, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fossett may have faked his own death.

2. Call me Mr Fuddy Duddy if you will.......
    She said: "I've been doing this search and rescue for 14 years. Fossett should have been found.
    "It's not like we didn't have our eyes open. We found six other planes while we were looking for him.

Six other planes? You mean the ones you missed when your eyes were wide shut?

We're pretty good at what we do."

I'll pass on that one me thinks :D

3. I think some of the planes they found crashed decades ago, clearly they are good at their job.

4. As my old da's colleagues in CID used to say, "Follow the money"

The bit in the article that caught my eye was the line about the Civil Air Patrol's IR-fitted Blackhawks. :?

Or is this just another example of lazy journalism from the Daily Belly-laugh?

5. It's a non-story. Parliament is in recess and all's quiet in the world: tis the silly season.

ON the same web page. A lamentable Telegraph TV piece, on patrol with the Paras. The Torygraph should stick to the printed word and leave the film making to others that know how to do it. What a waste of great MOD access.

6. I followed this on Google Earth when it first appeared, and they were asking people with GE professional to follow the track. So I looked, and at one of the IP's as I remember, there is a bloody great lake.

Now, we all know how magnetic lakes are......

7. Did they find any bits of red fibreglass on the shore? With a shape not unlike a drop-tank?

I think we might have this one cracked by NAAFI break.