Seeking reference for my time as reservist

Hopefully this is the correct place. I was in the reserves for just under 10 years. I'm currently applying for a civil service job that involves a CTC check and the civvy recruitment firm requires references for my employment going back the past three years. The reserves falls into this. So no problem I ask my old boss can he give me a reference for this civil service job and the extended reference check it involves. Old boss yep sure sounds fine. Fast forward to civvy recruiters getting in touch with him and he throws a hissy fit as he is extremely security conscious (NI) and is not comfortable discussing roles with anyone outside of civil service regardless of it being acting on behalf of said service.

Trouble is the only other officer I am still in contact with (small det) sits beside him in their current roles and thus not willing either!

Is there a more formal route I can go down for verifying my service history with these civvy recruiters? Desperate for this job and have aced the assessment test.

Hopefully this is the correct place. I was in the reserves for just under 10 years. I'm currently applying for a civil service job that involves a CTC check and the civvy recruitment firm requires references for my employment going back the past three years. The reserves falls into this. So no problem I ask my old boss can he give me a reference for this civil service job and the extended reference check it involves. Old boss yep sure sounds fine. Fast forward to civvy recruiters getting in touch with him and he throws a hissy fit as he is extremely security conscious (NI) and is not comfortable discussing roles with anyone outside of civil service regardless of it being acting on behalf of said service.

Trouble is the only other officer I am still in contact with (small det) sits beside him in their current roles and thus not willing either!

Is there a more formal route I can go down for verifying my service history with these civvy recruiters? Desperate for this job and have aced the assessment test.

Surely Glasgow can provide with something to say that you served, left voluntarily, and had no disciplinary issues etc?

Was the Reserves your only job in the last 3 years? If not, just ignore it.

There is a department at Glasgow who exist solely to provide references - I can't remember what it is called but a couple of years ago when Plod needed my Army reference a quick call to the APC's enquiry line [google is your friend here] and they put me in touch. I had to send a scan of a signed letter authorising them to release my details and then passed their email along with my Service number etc to my new employer. It obviously worked.

Am a bit rusty and was like Glasgow? But yeah gave jpa a call there who directed me to the Navy disclosure team and a Portsmouth number. It's either that or phoning my old unit who have moved and apparently no longer have a civvie number according to their mod site.

Will give the disclosure team a buzz in the morning.