Seeking "real people

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Flagrantviolator, Jan 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the course of my short time on this site, I've noticed, to my chagrin, that alot of people here go out of their way to come off as being as cynical, petty, smarmy,, not to ment cruel as possible. The time I spent in the Army was filled with memories of decent, genuine, caring and concientious people. Good folks. People with families, lives, dreams, and healthy working marriages (for the most part). Why is everyone on arrse seeming to portray themselves as negitively as they can? it hurts me to see this level of hatred of self and others. Since so many civs, journos and potential recruits frequent this site to get an insight into army life, lets try to paint a better picture of ourselves and the military in general. just a thought.

2. Good luck for the thread mate, but you might get more in your replies that you were perhaps expecting.

Who did you serve with to give the other ARRSEer's a chance to see where you coming from? My bets are on planet La-La

3. I can see where this is going to go....

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

You're more likely to remember the good times - and blokes - than the bad, apart from the truly exceptional choppers.

Bell-ends exist everywhere, unfortunately, they're a daily fact of life. As proven in every single thread on Arrse. Your memory just forgets them as there is no point lingering on to pointless memories of pointless people.

5. Dry your fucking eyes and man up you gopping critter.

6. I couldn't agree more, in fact to add some more niceness to ARRSE can I invite my kids nanny to start posting. You may know her well, her name is Mary Fucking Poppins.

Have a nice day.

7. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Since when were you allowed to breed gwab??? That is the scariest thing I have read all day... :D

8. Short time - a year and a half? Come on, that's a lifetime on the inter-webby thing.

By the way, we're also spelling and grammar Nazis. Are you sure you're posting sober?

9. I'm going to get p!shed later and probably wet myself and then slap my missus for letting me p!sh myself.

Is that the sort of negative. heartless type of person you mean?

Welcome to the NAAFI.

10. Was it the salvation army you were in ? I can see you set the tone in your signature.

11. Bring forward his monthly beating!!!!! :twisted:

12. Listen, I've lived in places where the local Salvation Army has a defence budget!! 8O

13. If you lived in the UK,you'd be as cynical as the rest of us.Good luck with your crusade.

14. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

For evidence of

decent, genuine, caring and concientious people

Can I suggest you do a search on the following terms;

Charity Auction
    Holidays 4 Heroes
    Help Them Out
    Sgt Slingsby
    Begging Bowl

This will take some reading because believe me there is a lot there, then swing your browser over to

www.sgtslingsby.org
    www.holidays4heroes.org

Then come back to this thread and let us what you think

Its a public forum with a wide range of people and attitudes and of course you are going to see negativity but I really do challenge you to read any of the threads that come out of the search without a wobbly lip and complaints of dust in the air.

See through all the internet hardmen and bulsh1tters and you will realise that the very people you are searching for are here in strength

15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Meridian is spot-on about the 'real' people of this site. Some of the nastiest, foul-mouthed and dirty beasts one could see posting on this site make up for their fun and games by the bucketful in their contribitions to those that DO need our assistance.

soooooooo