Seeking "real people

In the course of my short time on this site, I've noticed, to my chagrin, that alot of people here go out of their way to come off as being as cynical, petty, smarmy,, not to ment cruel as possible. The time I spent in the Army was filled with memories of decent, genuine, caring and concientious people. Good folks. People with families, lives, dreams, and healthy working marriages (for the most part). Why is everyone on arrse seeming to portray themselves as negitively as they can? it hurts me to see this level of hatred of self and others. Since so many civs, journos and potential recruits frequent this site to get an insight into army life, lets try to paint a better picture of ourselves and the military in general. just a thought.

Good luck for the thread mate, but you might get more in your replies that you were perhaps expecting.

Who did you serve with to give the other ARRSEer's a chance to see where you coming from? My bets are on planet La-La

I can see where this is going to go....

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
Flagrantviolator said:
The time I spent in the Army was filled with memories of decent, genuine, caring and concientious people. Good folks.
You're more likely to remember the good times - and blokes - than the bad, apart from the truly exceptional choppers.

Bell-ends exist everywhere, unfortunately, they're a daily fact of life. As proven in every single thread on Arrse. Your memory just forgets them as there is no point lingering on to pointless memories of pointless people.

Flagrantviolator said:
In the course of my short time on this site, I've noticed, to my chagrin, that alot of people here go out of their way to come off as being as cynical, petty, smarmy,, not to ment cruel as possible. Boo hoo, wah, sniffle, splutter, I'm a whining homo with no mates etc etc etc etc.
Dry your fucking eyes and man up you gopping critter.

I couldn't agree more, in fact to add some more niceness to ARRSE can I invite my kids nanny to start posting. You may know her well, her name is Mary Fucking Poppins.

Have a nice day.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Gwabarian said:
I couldn't agree more, in fact to add some more niceness to ARRSE can I invite my kids nanny to start posting. You may know her well, her name is Mary Fucking Poppins.

Have a nice day.
Since when were you allowed to breed gwab??? That is the scariest thing I have read all day... :D

Flagrantviolator said:
In the course of my short time on this site, I've noticed, to my chagrin, that alot of people here go out of their way to come off as being as cynical, petty, smarmy,, not to ment cruel as possible.
Short time - a year and a half? Come on, that's a lifetime on the inter-webby thing.

By the way, we're also spelling and grammar Nazis. Are you sure you're posting sober?

I'm going to get p!shed later and probably wet myself and then slap my missus for letting me p!sh myself.

Is that the sort of negative. heartless type of person you mean?

Welcome to the NAAFI.

Was it the salvation army you were in ? I can see you set the tone in your signature.

Bring forward his monthly beating!!!!! :twisted:

Taffnp said:
Was it the salvation army you were in ? I can see you set the tone in your signature.
Listen, I've lived in places where the local Salvation Army has a defence budget!! 8O

For evidence of

decent, genuine, caring and concientious people

Can I suggest you do a search on the following terms;

Charity Auction
Holidays 4 Heroes
Help Them Out
Sgt Slingsby
Begging Bowl

This will take some reading because believe me there is a lot there, then swing your browser over to

www.sgtslingsby.org
www.holidays4heroes.org

Then come back to this thread and let us what you think

Its a public forum with a wide range of people and attitudes and of course you are going to see negativity but I really do challenge you to read any of the threads that come out of the search without a wobbly lip and complaints of dust in the air.

See through all the internet hardmen and bulsh1tters and you will realise that the very people you are searching for are here in strength

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
meridian said:
See through all the internet hardmen and bulsh1tters and you will realise that the very people you are searching for are here in strength
Meridian is spot-on about the 'real' people of this site. Some of the nastiest, foul-mouthed and dirty beasts one could see posting on this site make up for their fun and games by the bucketful in their contribitions to those that DO need our assistance.

soooooooo

FiveAlpha said:
Dry your fucking eyes and man up you gopping critter.

meridian said:
For evidence of

Charity Auction
Holidays 4 Heroes
Help Them Out
Sgt Slingsby
Begging Bowl
meridian said:
This will take some reading because believe me there is a lot there, then swing your browser over to

www.sgtslingsby.org
www.holidays4heroes.org

Its a public forum with a wide range of people and attitudes and of course you are going to see negativity but I really do challenge you to read any of the threads that come out of the search without a wobbly lip and complaints of dust in the air.

That's all well and good, but it's charity of self interest, as they know it could happen to them.. In my opinion, the dregs on here would much rather anally gang rape some father's disabled daughter than give mosquito nets to Arfrican children, or medicine to a sick Palestinian mother to enable her to care for her children. Are their no Christians on this site? Real Christianss who try to do and say as Jesus would have?

Nice portrayal of soldiers, guys.

Flagrantviolator said:
meridian said:
For evidence of

Charity Auction
Holidays 4 Heroes
Help Them Out
Sgt Slingsby
Begging Bowl
meridian said:

www.sgtslingsby.org
www.holidays4heroes.org

That's all well and good, but it's charity of self interest, as they know it could happen to them.. In my opinion, the dregs on here would much rather anally gang rape some father's disabled daughter than give mosquito nets to Arfrican children, or medicine to a sick Palestinian mother to enable her to care for her children. Are their no Christians on this site? Real Christianss who try to do and say as Jesus would have?
fcukin' hell flag, you really are p!ssed aren't you? This is the NAAFI bar, humour like that goes on in every NAAFI across the globe. Don't like it, don't come in. Simple.

If it's a Wah then it's a p!iss poor performance.

You called?

OK, will give you a serious answer and assume this is not a big WAH

You make the assumption that the majority of people who make very real contributions in time and money to all the things I listed do it because they might one day be in a position of needing help. That's fair enough and nothing wrong with that at all but where you assumption falls flat is assuming that we are all in the potential firing line and therefore deserving of potential charity.

DEAD WRONG THERE I AM AFRAID

Simply because many on here and who contribute are EX not CURRENT plus lots of civilians so thats you argument about self interest straight of the window. I would also add that I assume you haven't done as I asked and read through the threads because then it would be patently clear.

You do not need to be christian to have so called christian values just common decency and care for others which to labour the point is so evident on here, again I say to you read on.

As for your other nonsense I simply don't care.

To repeat again (because I am guessing you are not the kind of person to let the facts get in the way of your beliefs) look here and ye shall find.

Latest Threads