See through head

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by gmorrison22, Apr 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Keep seeing people with these see through head things to put their beret on when not wearing it, what are they called and where do you buy one?

2. Or just chuck it on the shelf like most people do?

• Like Like x 5
  3. I despair and worry about some people

• Like Like x 1
  4. I one had a nice frosted glass one from a charity shop that I kept my headphones on. One day I dropped it and it smashed so that was the end of that.

Try Ebay for display heads.

5. It's called "A See Through Head Thing To Put Your Beret On When Not Wearing It." And they're out of stock.....

• Like Like x 8
  6. Wah shield up /google clear head mannequin/wah shield down

7. There's a tribe in New Guinea who do opaque ones. Cadet sizes only though.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Have one that I got in Germany back in the day, wash and shape beret on the Saturday then its dry and shaped for Monday morning parade. Still use it now for my tweed hat. I just went on Amazon there, and they are selling them for under £10.

9. I honestly thought this was a thread about everyone's favourite military dress up bloke and real life Pezz dispenser Flashman.

• Like Like x 2
  10. What would make a good alternative is a display skull/model skull/money box type skull, or a stuffed animal, or a stuffed toy. If you are of a practical hands-on nature you could make something suitable out of paper mache and paint it afterwards. Or just shave a chav's head and mount it on a spike...

If you want to do a cheap option you can just take a small saucepan and turn it upside down, or maybe just use a ball.

I hope this helps. I just love to help.

*kidding*

11. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I was going for one of those Action Man dolls with the hole to look through his eyes

12. You could buy one and put one of those rubbish maroon berets on it, then it would look very realistic. In fact shouldn't all Para's be fitted with see though heads?
    That way you could see which one has been issued the brain cell.

:)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Me too, I care too much sometimes.

14. My first thought on seeing your post was "TA" but I see you're RSigs.

Carry on.